15 coaches online • Server time: 05:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you think such a feature to avoid misclicked dodges would be usefull?
Yes
36%
 36%  [ 26 ]
No
53%
 53%  [ 38 ]
Don't care
9%
 9%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 71

stej

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess one could have N tokens they could use to "undo" the missclick. Could be open to abuse I guess if you "missclick" that 6+ dodge and it fails, you take it back, but if it passes you keep it
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Strider84 wrote:

Yeah that should work. Most of my misclicks are at the beginning of the game when still marking players and hitting enter just when a popup pops up if I want to use an apo on my rookie lino Wink those guys are so lucky they get the apo in these situations

Those misclicks are easy to avoid.
Just mark the players after the coin has been tossed and it has been decided who will kick/receive, but before actually starting the game (i.e. in the set up phase).
Since no dice are rolled you don't risk to accidentally confirm an Apo pop-up dialogue window.
It takes slighty more time than doing it while the turns are in progress but it's better to be cautious.
Medon

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

the same happens while chatting: typing something to your opponent and in the mean time accidentally casting a fireball or using the apo on a rookie lineman KO
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
I guess one could have N tokens they could use to "undo" the missclick. Could be open to abuse I guess if you "missclick" that 6+ dodge and it fails, you take it back, but if it passes you keep it

Yes the Token sounds as a supplementary "reroll" : you are right . Let's imagine we are in turn 8 and you are stalling on the side close the TD half cage. I can think to a desperate action to make a Dodge with my blitzer hope in 6 +enter the cage and try to surf your ballkeeper.
naturally I can tell you after I roll 3 that was a misclick
With the Malmir's idea you can reject my request and I must accept the roll

With the more general implementation of the dialogue box (are you sure you want to do a dodge 5+) it is your own responsibility

With the token I can abuse and try to say "misclick" and step back and do something else. So yes. The Token lends itself to possible abuse.
argos_72

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Medon wrote:
the same happens while chatting: typing something to your opponent and in the mean time accidentally casting a fireball or using the apo on a rookie lineman KO

yes but here is a misclick due to improper behaviour during the match . You should be concentrated on the match of course you can do something else but this is on your own risk
Sometimes happen to me too to receive a pop up on telegram, or on discord and then i decide to answer the chat during my opponent's turn , but then there is KO on a lino , apo pop up and i press OK in the dialogue box while I am answering the chat. Here I can only blame myself (because implementing a confirmation on a dialogue box this is really too heavy: "do you want to use the fireball/apo?" "sure?" "sure sure?" Smile

The misclicked dodge is little bit different: You are concentrated on the match . You DO want to make a block. And just - because a micro movement - you dodge.

Someone tell that also the new "blitz" action can be misclicked: I select a player and decide to blitz and target. Then before to move I decide to stop the blitz. In this case the blitz is lost. Here I would say is border line and I hesitate to call "accident". This is more a real mistake. Anyway usually is not game breaker. The worst you lose the blitz, you do not suffer a turnover

Making an unwanted dodge with Mummy AG5+ oh yes! this is often gamebreaker (turnover, big player fallen down ... )
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2021 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

The chat misclick due to pressing "Enter" key while suddenly a dialogue window pops up could be avoided with a client option to disable "Enter" key as confirmation of a pop-up window (the Apo, the Wizard, skill triggered by opponent etc.).
So, "Enter" key would still be active for sending the chat messages, but to confirm a dialogue pop-up window would be necessary to click on "yes" with the mouse.
moph

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2021 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

my proposition would be to increase the line spacing in the pop up menu in which you choose your action.
also the font size could be bigger. both is possibly easy to implement?
further the chosen action could be highlighted for a moment before the pop up menu disappears.
 Jump to: