44 coaches online • Server time: 12:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Only so much money you can throw out! But I think Scyla will be good to tear open av10+.
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Scyla will be better on the line against AV10+ and Grashnak will be better as a (somewhat unreliable) blitzer?
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolbum wrote:

In 2016 Scyla was 250. Now he is 200. Grashnak is 240. Pretty good price point.

I want to see a Khorne team with a Bloodbeast, Scyla and Grashnak. Imagine the LOS carnage hey would cause.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Wolbum wrote:

I want to see a Khorne team with a Bloodbeast, Scyla and Grashnak. Imagine the LOS carnage hey would cause.

Skull/Bdown -> 6,6 6,6 16 -> BBQ !
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Chrisdekok wrote:
Scyla will be better on the line against AV10+ and Grashnak will be better as a (somewhat unreliable) blitzer?

Pretty much ya but Borak is so close to pricepoint to the two, you are spoiled for choice. Scyla isn't integrated into fumbbl yet, just Borak, Grashnak and Akhorne.

spubbba wrote:

Would be a glorious battle. Scyla and Bloodspawn do some LoS carnage while Grash tries for blitzes.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Should probably also consider a Merc Bloodspawn Vs Scyla too.....Is there a skill you'd rather add to the Bloodspawn that would make it better than Scyla?
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Problem with merc bloodspawn it costs 190k butt naked and it comes with loner. 240k if you add one skill. Scyla is objectively the superior choice.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

True, so you'd have to ignore AV+, Thick Skull and PT and decide whether Juggs, Brawler or Guard are worth the extra 40k. Most likely you'd take Grashnak for the same price
Chrisdekok

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2021 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Does anybody know when the star players special abilities will work on fumbbl?
Some of them are really good.
Java

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2021 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Wolbum wrote:

the 3 of them come at 600 total, plus 10 obligatory linemen that's 1100

depending on the tournament's budget you could be able to upgrade a lineman to a khorngor and maybe get 1 RR (you might want to put a Leader skill somewhere)

sounds like the hyper tense version of pact with no pretense of being interested in the ball at all Very Happy
Christer

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2021 - 16:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

For reference, I consider the following list of sources valid for consideration for "official" status of rules:

- Most recent version of the rulebook
- Additional supplements released (Death Zone, team card packs, etc)
- Spike Journals released on the same date or after the most recent boxed set

Whether a rule is official or optional isn't easy to fully specify and is mostly decided on a case by case basis. To be specific about death zone, nothing in this most recent version is considered official, but I am keeping official supplements as a potential source of official rules. Note also that White Dwarf isn't considered official in this context.

The reason Akhorne is part of the competitive division now is that it was shown as an available star player for Khorne in Spike issue 13. The physical card, while originally released in a White Dwarf issue, is part of the Khorne card pack.

In terms of star players, I have chosen to consider "Golden Era" star players as optional and not official.
Wolbum

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2021 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to contribute to this thread, having given Scyla a test run, I think he is essentially designed for fighting Str4 AV10+ teams mainly.

His best matchups/use is vs the likes of lizardmen and black orcs, both with heavy amounts of armour and str4. Plus his tail can be good at threatening the skinks/gobbos. Yet to use him vs dwarfs or orcs but will give him another go soon.
 Jump to: