45 coaches online • Server time: 19:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
In the next rule set
Re-drafting will be the same
20%
 20%  [ 11 ]
Re-drafting will be adjusted slightly
37%
 37%  [ 20 ]
Re-drafting will be adjusted a lot
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Re-drafting will be scrapped
12%
 12%  [ 7 ]
Why can't I just eat pie?
18%
 18%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 54

MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Heff wrote:

I disliked spending hours building a pretty solid 1200 to 1400 team, just to have it smashed to pieces when the game with a big boy came round. Then for the remnants of that to have to face the next 2k monster immediately afterwards. Or worse two or three games later when I had started a recovery.

I agree with you that finding a super high TV team was a bad experience, but if your team got smashed the next games likely would have been vs lower and less dangerous TV teams.
Another workaround was activating many teams across several TVs. I used to activate a couple of high TV teams along with other lower TV teams.
That way the high TV teams of mine acted like a "lightning rod" to be paired with the high TV monoactivated team.

Heff wrote:

So for me, ANYTHING that kills the big teams and means that it is more about the skill of the player, not the longevity of the team is good.

Yes, it's understandable and I agree to some extent, but consider that Season Re-Draft kills some teams requiring core skills to be decently playable. For example TV 1700 Vampires are hardly a killer team sucking the fun out of your games.
If you don't want to deal with longevity of the teams you face there are NAF tournaments for that.

Last edited by MattDakka on Nov 25, 2021 - 14:06; edited 5 times in total
mekutata

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

The bad thing about plenty of options is that the userbase could be split too many way to be able just turn up and quickly get a game.

I doubt that. It more likely means that the official and easy plug and play fix won't satisfy people who don't enjoy Re-Draft.

If this really should be the majority of coaches (and not a loud minority) the interest in C would plummet. Then I assume Christer would react.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Heff wrote:

I disliked spending hours building a pretty solid 1200 to 1400 team, just to have it smashed to pieces when the game with a big boy came round. Then for the remnants of that to have to face the next 2k monster immediately afterwards. Or worse two or three games later when I had started a recovery.

I agree with you that finding a super high TV team was a bad experience, but if your team got smashed the next games likely would have been vs lower and less dangerous TV teams.
Another workaround was activating many teams across several TVs. I used to activate a couple of high TV teams along with other lower TV teams.
That way the high TV teams of mine acted like a "lightning rod" to be paired with the high TV monoactivated team.

You keep always assuming that coaches play like you. Heff has not ever played a single Box game on fumbbl. So what should activating several teams at the same time help him there?

And why should people have to activate several teams if they actually want to play just one specific team?

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Because activating different teams improves the MM gaming environment and reduces the TV gaps (it's more challenging as well for the coaches).
Teams are not all equal, there are some rock-paper-scissors elements amongst the BB races so it's better to have more races than few races. Players have to be well-skilled to deal with the different tactical challenges provided by the different races. Not a coincidence that the Box Trophy encourages the racial variety.
If he didn't play in the Box then high TV teams should have not been an issue for him, so I assumed he activated in the Box.
I suggested that he could have activated several teams as workaround to reduce the chance of finding a high TV gap.
Alternatively he could have cycled his team, if he wanted to play just a specific team. That was the other workaround relying on rookie protection adopted by many coaches.
That said, I never endorsed the high TV team monoactivation/big TV gaps, so I agree with him about that.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:
koadah wrote:

The bad thing about plenty of options is that the userbase could be split too many way to be able just turn up and quickly get a game.

I doubt that. It more likely means that the official and easy plug and play fix won't satisfy people who don't enjoy Re-Draft.

If this really should be the majority of coaches (and not a loud minority) the interest in C would plummet. Then I assume Christer would react.

Indeed. I did mean the open [L]eague environment when I wrote that.
However, there will be a split when [C] black box opens and another when BB3 lanches with no seasons.

It would help if a team could spin {C] box and open at the same time.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
talks about monoactivating in box.

Earth to Matt. The coach never talked about anything related to monoactivating,
thy talked about their experience and not your random match making experience and how you found your way to get your desired games there.

koadah wrote:
Indeed. I did mean the open [L]eague environment when I wrote that.
However, there will be a split when [C] black box opens and another when BB3 lanches with no seasons.

If BB3 launches at all or ever has all races..
Otherwise I don't see more split danger than before.

koadah wrote:
It would help if a team could spin {C] box and open at the same time.

I think it would be cool if leagues with a certain number of active teams gain their own box scheduler. But I think fumbbl is too small for that.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2021 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

mekutata wrote:

Earth to Matt. The coach never talked about anything related to monoactivating,
thy talked about their experience and not your random match making experience and how you found your way to get your desired games there.

It makes no difference how he found the high TV team.
I agree with him that big TV gaps (however you find them) are bad. Is it clearer now?
 Jump to: