61 coaches online • Server time: 23:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 12:15 Reply with quote Back to top

One of the biggest obstacles for new users is getting used to the FUMBBL UI. Once they've got the hang of making it full screen (https://fumbbl.com/help:HowToFFBFullScreen), I'd say the next biggest change a new user needs to make is to switch off some of the graphics settings, primarily to switch to either the default/grass or the basic pitch, depending on which suits them. I'd also advise them to switch off team logos. I've seen this in action multiple times, when someone is switching from BB2 to FUMBBL, when they switch to the default/basic pitch, they're much happier, this is a much bigger issue when its raining/snowing etc.

I wonder if other people feel the same way, should the default for new users be the basic grass pitch without weather? The grass pitch still looks great, but its so much clearer for new players.

I realise this may sound a bit miserly, to be switching off all the fun settings by default, if that's the consensus, no problem. I'm just curious if maybe the majority do actually use these simplified settings, or at least think they'd be better for new players so as not to risk putting them off.
Storr

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally started playing with the grassy pitch and team logos turned off. I also turned weather effects off in blizzard, because I found ot hard to read the yellow player markings with the white background. As player icons I used the picture ones and in the cases distinguishing positionals was hard I just marked them with a letter. One thing that definitely is advisable is turning the range grid on so you can always see how far you need to move to be in scoring range.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2021 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the weather effects. No way I'm remembering it's snowy or wet without them, so they help out.

The Heat Wave one I guess offers less as it only impacts between drives.

Either way, I think the default pitch is fine, agree on the distance markers.

I really like pitch logos but can see an argument against them - kinda depends on what it is.
 Jump to: