47 coaches online • Server time: 20:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2021 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

stej wrote:
macavitY

Yup, works anyway you slice it!

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2021 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
The caps would be one thing. It's the repeated hostile posts all replying to one person's (old) replies, with lots of caps and rambling and things said that are hard to read without hearing as a shout, coupled with demands for civility from others. I mean, as somebody who's personally broken a forum in this community, I know what "you're threatening the integrity of this forum" looks like, and I'm looking at it now. I was that guy once, please don't be him today.

I will try to reply but considering there was no spacing and just a bunch of run-on sentences in your post making it so hard to read and just a bunch of whiny pablem I submit for your consideration and guidance. Rolling Eyes

So the replies are to OLD posts. Do I have to be here every day to be able to respond to the NEWEST POSTS in the discussion I am in for my response to be valid?
I was not here for a few weeks. But I guess I had to BE HERE constantly for YOU.

So I use some CAPS when I post. Am I required to to express myself in some other way? Why do you get to criticize ME for deciding to capitalize a few letter or even all of them if I want to?
I have to conform my style to YOU.

You and a few others have to ATTACK anything I post because of LETTERS. For NO OTHER REASON than a few LETTERS. It is SO PETTY and such a WASTE of everyone's time. Yet here we are again. Jackass doesn't like it and everything I do have to suit YOU.

If you read things I say as a SHOUT that is YOU. That is you. I have explained to YOU several times that it not my intent but nothing gets through to YOU and your obsessions with LETTERS. Nobody makes you read any of this yet somehow YOU want to call all of the shots about who can post what and when and where and HOW.

Your point is garbage from beginning to end. Mind your business. Stop trolling me PERSONALLY. Your entire input that I am now responding to was not needed by ANYONE other than your own mind.

Ad it is YOU that was doing something to BREAK the FORUM with your post. And you know it.
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2021 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You and a few others have to ATTACK anything I post because of LETTERS. For NO OTHER REASON than a few LETTERS. It is SO PETTY and such a WASTE of everyone's time. Yet here we are again. Jackass doesn't like it and everything I do have to suit YOU.

Seriously, it makes it hard to read. I can't take anything you write seriously, because I can barely get through it.

Use caps on one in a thousand words if you to use it for emphasis; otherwise, it simply turns off readers too much.
Waagh

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2021 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally love that the forum on etiquette has degraded into a bunch of examples of bad etiquette.
sann0638

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2021 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
MACAVITY for NAF president.

This means you don't like him! Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Waagh wrote:
I personally love that the forum on etiquette has degraded into a bunch of examples of bad etiquette.

That got me thinking - is there bad etiquette? Or are there just more and less egregious breaches of etiquette? SHOUTING LIKE THIS

But back on the original topic - it's certainly seen as bad in some sports to score too much. I heard some radio jocks the other day complaining that a hopelessly mismatched student basketball game had concluded 110-0, as if that was a bad thing. (I can't think that's the case - if you think of the glory of England-San Marino last month, there's certainly something to be said for a ludicrous scoreline. And I say that as the guy who got salty when a Khorne team put 4 TDs past me...)

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no SPP in basketball.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

MrCushtie wrote:
But back on the original topic - it's certainly seen as bad in some sports to score too much. I heard some radio jocks the other day complaining that a hopelessly mismatched student basketball game had concluded 110-0, as if that was a bad thing. (I can't think that's the case - if you think of the glory of England-San Marino last month, there's certainly something to be said for a ludicrous scoreline. And I say that as the guy who got salty when a Khorne team put 4 TDs past me...)

I think the complaints like this come from the fact that watching a stomp isn't as interesting as watching a more even game, not that there is something wrong with scoring as much as you can.

If anything, I'd say purposefully seeking out new players to get an easy score off them would be bad taste, for example. But that is not a problem with random matchmaker (there are other issues related to that).
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got blacklisted for a turn 14 foul \o/ =D

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Waagh wrote:

Ah, the irony!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

It was supposed to degrade into an examination of how wonderful I am, but apparently the relevant parties don't read my posts.....

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

MaCaViTY
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
It was supposed to degrade into an examination of how wonderful I am, but apparently the relevant parties don't read my posts.....

Or we have no need for further proof.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2021 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Macavity wrote:

Or we have no need for further proof.

Legitimate theory. I AM awesome.....