47 coaches online • Server time: 14:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge on every player! On top of that, every statline is the same, meaning the only positionals you really want/need are Linewoman and Blitzer. Inspo where relevant taken from this page.

0-2 Jaguar Blitzer 105k 6 3 3+ 5+ 8+ Dauntless, Claw, Tackle GS/A
0-4 Eagle Warrior 95k 6 3 3+ 5+ 9+ Block, Sidestep GS/A
0-2 Piranha Runner 90k 7 3 3+ 5+ 8+ Dodge, Sure Feet GA/S
0-16 Amazonian 50k 6 3 3+ 4+ 8+ Dodge
Rerolls 50k
Apo Yes

I think we have to keep Dodge on the Linewomen, based on the fact that most other players lost it. Also, any other Agility skill just causes their pitch presence/ player value to go way too low. The Runner replaces the catcher because... what madwoman throws the ball in a jungle?? The Eagle Warrior loses Dodge so you don't have 4 Blodge/SF/Guard players almost off the bat, while the new Jaguar Blitzer (lore-wise great hunters of Saurus and Skinks) gives the team some options and presence at higher TV.

Would welcome any advice/thoughts, especially on the Linewomen.
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Example Rosters:
2x Jaguar Blitzer
4x Eagle Warrior
1x Piranha Runner
4x Amazonian
3x RR/ 2x RR + Apo
Total 980k

2x Jaguar Warrior
4x Eagle Warrior
5x Amazonian
3x RR + Apo
Total 990k
Semitence

Post   Posted: Dec 27, 2021 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the biggest flaws in the Amazon roster are that it is incredibly strong at low TV and weaker at high TV. Whilst this rework has given it a boost at higher TV it has also made it tougher at low TV. Given the majority of BB is done at sub 1400 levels I'd be erring on the side of attempting to solve that piece first.
neuro_

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Semitence wrote:
tougher at low TV

Do you mean get rid of Dodge on Linos? I want to but can't see a viable alternative.
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My most recent take was ...

0-4 Koka Kalim, 105k, 6 3 3+ 5+ 9+, Dodge, Wrestle, GS/AP
0-2 Pirahna War., 90k, 7 3 3+ 4+ 8+, Dodge, Shadowing, GA/S
0-2 Eagle Warrior, 65k, 6 3 3+ 2+ 8+, Pass, GP/AS
0-16 Linewomen.., 55k, 6 3 3+ 4+ 8+, Dodge. G/AS

RR 50k
Apo Yes
Lustrian

Basically, limit the ball carrying on the blitzers, limit their early guard/MB power, up the lino price, make the thrower a pure thrower and not a carrier with options, and get some MA 7 on an expensive package to be your real ball carriers, like Norse have with their runners.

Not too many SPP for a fast blodge surehand, but the rest of the team is more limited, less room for cheesy lino builds.

Just in general, wrestle hitters makes 'em slightly better vs Dorfs, and slightly worse vs everyone else, and obviously the linos need that price bump.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I like that rebalance. In my (already!) second take I put Wrestle on the Koka Kalim AND priced the Linos at 55. Great minds...Wink. Yours has a more realistic/tame look, I like it.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Basically, limit the ball carrying on the blitzers

Yeh, that's pretty much my major gripe with Zons. 4 Starting blodgers, who are the starting default ball carriers.

I know Woodies start with blodgers, but the whole team is more expensive and at most they can only field two, so it's much easier to pin them down and counter them.

Swapping Block for Wrestle was my initial instinct too. Removing Dodge also has that effect, but seems wrong that the blitzers lose a skill that lino's have, so I prefer neuro's suggestion.

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Are the Piranha Warriors overcosted?

A Ghoul + a skill for 15k?

The Koka Kalim are paying 15k for AV+ too
Kondor

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I kind of like Amazon and Norse the way they are. I would rather see a new team created like something from Secret League. Keep what is good and give us something more.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
I kind of like Amazon and Norse the way they are. I would rather see a new team created like something from Secret League. Keep what is good and give us something more.

Indeed. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Dec 28, 2021 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely. The main division on Fumbbl has always followed official rules were possible. No harm in creating SL teams though - you never know, some leagues may wish to adopt the alternate rules.

Post   Posted: Dec 29, 2021 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Are the Piranha Warriors overcosted?

A Ghoul + a skill for 15k?

The Koka Kalim are paying 15k for AV+ too

Technically those are discounts. Design cost for the AV 8+ to 9+ step is traditionally 20k, and skills also 20k, plus extra costs for having block/dodge or wrestle/dodge.

Then those costs steps are always halved for players dropping under 50k, or raising over 100k (unless S4+). And now there's PA nudges costs +/- 5k per step off 4+. And in BB20 everyone MA 7+ with GA access (except lineelfs) is +5k as well.

But bad skills often get some sort of discount, and so do less optimal skills given the advancement access.

I think the Koka Kalims on mine are borderline overcosted, but given the team, getting that extra armour would be very nice, and seems worth it when the linos are so very good.