60 coaches online • Server time: 20:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Claws on Blitz?
Yes
96%
 96%  [ 32 ]
No
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2022 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Shushnik wrote:
And thus there really isn't a "right" answer yet.

That would mean either:

A) The situation has never come up, i.e. No one has ever used Block skill when blitzing.
B) Despite it occurring regularly and people applying the rules incorrectly no one has felt the need to address the isssue.

I think it's more likely that everyone has been playing these rules the way they were intended.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2022 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Last edited by Shushnik on Jan 06, 2022 - 18:31; edited 2 times in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2022 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I said you were being dense. I didn't mean to imply by that that you are not a smart person, just that you're barking pretty insistently up the wrong tree, given that you've been shown rules to resolve your question and are still looking for answers from a community that's pretty much all on the same track.

So yeah, I said "you're just being dense" (italics new), I didn't call you dense overall (I don't know you that well), I'm just tired of dealing with people who are militantly wrong in the face of, well, everything. I've been dense before, I'd imagine every coach here has obstinately clung to basically nothing while the whole community sang out as one as to why he was wrong. No major fault, all good.

If that helps you feel better, that's great.

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2022 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Shushnik wrote:
Then why does Mighty Blow go out of the way to say it DOES work on a blitz?

It wasn't necessary to specify that in Mighty blow description, you're right.

Shushnik wrote:
The point is, there is no established rule that the specifications are always inclusive or exclusive. So when they leave a void, without that structure established, a case can be made either way.

This is not clearly specified but if we do use this argument to consider everything written about Block actions only concern Block actions on their own (and not Block actions during a Blitz action), we'll have to consider Tackle, Wrestle and even Dodge, Dump-off, Plague ridden, Stand firm, etc... can't be used during a Blitz action. That seems really strange.

According to me, you spotted some inconsistency in rulebook writing but I still think :
-the intention was to simplify rule writing and apply same rules for Block actions during Blitz actions as during Block actions on their own except when it is stated otherwise
-we have to keep on using Claws on a Block action during a Blitz action (and same thing for Block, Tackle, Wrestle and even Dodge, Dump-off, Plague ridden, Stand firm, etc...) even if skill description only states skill is used "during a Block action".

Post   Posted: Jan 06, 2022 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of edited posts all of a sudden
 Jump to: