66 coaches online • Server time: 17:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2022 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all, a player in our league recently noted that when a snotling is the ball carrier it is quite hard to see the player. In his case specifically it was a hoppa and he thought it was a regular snot, which ended up making a dodge quite a bit harder than he expected due to the lack of Titchy. He was quite upset. Yes, he could have marked it, and yes he could mouse over the player to see its stats, etc but he felt that the sprite was unfairly obscured by the ball icon. Would it be possible for the football icon to be scaled down slightly when a snotling or other very small player is carrying it? This is by no means a priority but it might make a big improvement for some. Thanks for considering. All the best-
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2022 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

You can also use abstract icons, activate them in the clients menue.
If your friend was upset, I hope it was with himself, as the mistake was clearly his own.
grant85

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2022 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
You can also use abstract icons, activate them in the clients menue.
If your friend was upset, I hope it was with himself, as the mistake was clearly his own.

While I personally agree with you, he does not. Unfortunately he has been having a really rough go this season and this issue has seem to be the straw that broke the camel's back as it were, sir.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2022 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

grant85 wrote:
Yes, he could have marked it,

Your own suggestion sounds perfect for preventing this happening again.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2022 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel like I need to log into one of my Snotling games to see how intrusive the ball is on a hopper.

The fact the client also shows you the rolls needed for dodging is another thing to stop you accidentally 3+ dodging when you thought it's be a 2+
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2022 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you scale down (and code that ST 1 players with the ball) isn't there the possibility of players complaining that the ball is harder to see? The ball has been made the size it is for a reason.

A player is markable (and as it's your team, it's up to you to know your own players). Also scrolling over a player will show you its card.

My feeling this is user error. A similar mistake could be made on TT with 2 similar looking players (zons for example).

Tough seasons are a grind though...........arranging for games you don't want to play and are not motivated for........gah.
 Jump to: