50 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

What GW could do is change the wording so that Boneheadedness / Real Stupidity lasts until 'the next successful activation' but then (for a laugh) not specify what the meaning of 'successful' is, provoking another argument that would last until the next FAQ.

Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

https://jobs.games-workshop.com/

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Nine days left to apply to edit all the Blood Bowl stuff.

If they'll let me work evenings so I can finish renovating my house on the other side of the world and not abandon the wife and kids, then it's game on - brace yourselves for the return of MA11 gutter runners and really, really stupid trolls!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
A lack of bias towards your favourite army, model, etc.

Well as it happens, I live in Nottingham....

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
It still boils down to when "activation" starts: prior to declaration of an action, after declaring an action but prior to doing it, or at the point of actually starting the action.

From earlier:
Activation is: "during your team turn, you may activate each standing and/or prone player..."
Negatraits are written like: "when activated... immediately after declaring action .. but before performing it.. roll D6"

So it seems like you Activate a player, then you Declare an Action, (then roll negatrait if required) then you Perform the Action

Christer wrote:
regarding Pro use from prone, which I feel currently is not allowed

Hmm. but you can Activate any Standing and/or Prone players, and then Pro works "During their Activation.."
Which seems pretty clear to me that you can Pro from Prone
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

You can't use any skills while prone or without a TZ, unless that skill explicitly allows or requires. There's a stack of them in the errata got that added, for negatraits and such.

https://fumbbl.com/note/Christer/SkillUsage

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah right, it's also discussed on page 74 of rulebook as well
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 12:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
Pro works "During their activation.."
So I disagree with both of these statements. There's no requirement for either having tacklezones or being Standing / not-Prone

The main argument against this interpretation is that there are other skills (Unchannelled Fury and Take Root for example) which is worded like this:

Quote:
When this player is activated, even if they are Prone or have lost their Tackle Zone, [...]

The mention of prone and lost tackle zones imply that the requirement to have a tacklezone isn't overridden by activation but needs an explicit exception.

To be clear here, I'm specifically talking about the Prone case. I can see the argument that a (non-prone) boneheaded player has the confused effect removed prior to the next roll, and Pro would thus be available.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, I'd missed the page 74 part, so was getting this wrong
Zlefin

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2022 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope they find a good editor. I'd do it myself but I don't want to move to another country. There's been a lot of issues with rules clarity and ease of use it seems. Magic the gathering, iirc used to have good editing, with very precise definitions and wording for everything; and very rigorous rules. Maybe they could learn something/copy something/hire someone from there.
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2022 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
C0ddlefish wrote:
I'm just passing on my interpretation of what Christer has said on Discord. We all agree the GW wording is rubbish for clarity.

To be clear, the Discord chat was regarding Pro use from prone, which I feel currently is not allowed. Pro to recover from really stupid (or other negatrait things) is a slightly different situation.

how is this affecting jump up, can you pro a failed jump up roll?
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2022 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I would assume not. Also makes Pro pretty bad on trees as they wont be able to use it to get up.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2022 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

interesting, so pro is buffed when it went down from 4+ to 3+ but there are suddenly a lot of cases in which you can't use it, so it's only buffed for specific players (dwarf blockers wanting to turn a push into a pow) and for the rest of the players it's actually got nerfed
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2022 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Did Pro used to work on catches?

I think the new implementation is now that you cannot use Pro from the floor and you cannot use it for catching (unless you are catching a scatter you caused by block/blitzing).

Can't think of any other time you can't use it

Ah.....landing a TTM
Yaquestay

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2022 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

In the BB3 Beta Pro does work on a player that has lost its tacklezones because it failed a really stupid test in the previous turn. But it can't be used from a prone position. So the Beta uses both answers depending whether if the tacklezones are lost due to a previous stupid or due to a prone situation!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1280094714
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1280105667
 Jump to: