43 coaches online • Server time: 15:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2022 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Played this match a couple of days ago, and wondering what I could have done better in the second half.

(First half was a mess of both of us rolling as many 1s as we could, whether it was AG2+ dodges, pick ups, or bribes, so, er, let's not mention that Smile )

Post   Posted: Jan 17, 2022 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok I'm gonna give it a shot, though better coaches than me will probably weigh in in due course. Wink

Firstly the match-up isn't in your favour. It's not so much that you're lower in TV, but high TV just isn't the sweet spot for Undead and against elves with Guards, ST4 and several AG5 you're clearly the underdog.

The end result for regular time was okay, certainly I would have done a few things differently but you forced the early score, scored back and got to overtime, that's about as good as you could reasonably expect. Personally I don't put my Mummies on the LoS unless I can make it really difficult for the other guy to get a 2d block on them. The double skulls on the blitz against the ball carrier were bad luck but then, it was a 1d against Blodge and you didn't have Wrestle or Tackle, and it left your flank exposed, so not sure it was a smart move. But again, you did force the early score and scored back so you got what you needed.

In overtime you rushed too many of your troops ahead trying to do damage and then left your ball carrier exposed. It's always hard to protect from those stat freaks but the best chance is to keep your troops together and your Guards well placed. I know it's hard after having played two full halves already but you really need to plan your turn out. Protecting the ball is first priority, advancing / improving position second, damage only third.

My 2 cents anyway. Smile
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2022 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Im going to go out on a limb here and say “play better defence.” I didn’t watch the game or anything, I just looked at the score board. I can tell he dodged away a ton, because he has 1/2 the amount of blocks as you. That probably means that you muddied yourself up and got into some mauls and such. Play better defence. Sometimes trying to remove players exposes gaps.

Jeffro
smeborg

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2022 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you had a very entertaining game, and it was a complete lottery (including penalties), so enjoy that at least.

DEs are a very good team, definitely in BB2020, and even more so with some Guards and plentiful stat increases. So you were the underdog in this match.

I will have a go at some suggestions. Everyone has a different play-style, most are perfectly valid - I will just offer something from my perspective.

Inducements - I think the Saw may have been wasted (and he was barely used). A Bribe or two likely better. Fouling a lot and getting sent off squandered your numbers advantage.

Maybe overall you concentrated a little too much on blocking and fouling (at the expense of the ball). You exposed the ball on turn 4 of the 1st half, and on turns 3 and 5 of extra time (and I think at the death as well). Quite typically you might end a turn with the ball on the ground, and no-one left to pick up the ball.

Losing the ball meant you had to use the Wizard to get it back (less than ideal).

You might have considered flipping the script for a bash team and scoring in (say) 3 turns (this DE team is going to attack the ball well). This might have given you a chance of being 2-1 up at half-time (you were lucky to be 0-0).

Hope that helps! I like your spirit, and good luck with the team!
CL

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2023 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

lol it was because of that spiked ball
 Jump to: