47 coaches online • Server time: 16:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
fxiii

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2022 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

hello !

not sure if it's a bug, yesterday, my GR https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=14380015 had to roll a skill after a 21spp game :p

i tried a stat increase and got +MA (but cant get to 10) so i choosed a skill instead and took sprint as a normal skill

sprint is counted for 40k in my team value instead of 20, is it correct or maybe a bug ?

thanks Wink
Teturact

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2022 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

the way I read the rules it's probably a bug that you can choose a primary
Garion26

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2022 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Right I think by rule it's got to be a 'chosen secondary'
which makes me wonder if you don't get agility/strength is there a chosen secondary that makes sense?
I guess Nerves of Steel and On the Ball (that's passing right?) are possible choices.
Teturact

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2022 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
Right I think by rule it's got to be a 'chosen secondary'
which makes me wonder if you don't get agility/strength is there a chosen secondary that makes sense?
I guess Nerves of Steel and On the Ball (that's passing right?) are possible choices.

nerves of steel or big hand would be my choice or maybe juggernaut if you want a strip ball safety
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2022 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Teturact wrote:
the way I read the rules it's probably a bug that you can choose a primary

The latest FAQ confirmed that you can choose a primary instead of a secondary.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

But i believe no matter what skill you choose, you pay the stat increase cost (i.e. MA = 40k)
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

AV costs 10k, PA costs 20k, MA costs 20k, AG costs 40k, ST costs 80k.

Chosen doubles cost 40k.
Chosen primaries cost 20k.

Unless you get a chosen primary on fumbbl by choosing it instead of a stat, and then people have somehow read that to be worth 40k, which is a reading I do not understand at all.

P71 says if you get a stats roll you don't want you can instead choose a secondary. It doesn't give a cost in that bit of text so everyone understood that would cost 40k, like a chosen secondary does.

The FAQ says you can also choose a primary if you don't want a secondary there. It doesn't give a cost in that bit of text either, so people decided that would also cost 40k, unlike a chosen primary does.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2022 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

It is not absolutely clear what a skill should cost if chosen instead of the result of the stat roll.

I would suggest it should cost the same as choosing a skill of that type. It seems that FUMBBL is programmed to cost it as if it is a secondary chosen skill. Given that the rulebook is not clear, I wouldn't necessarily call that a bug. But I would disagree with that as the best interpretation of the intent of the system.
Java

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2022 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

has anyone written to blooodbowlfaq @ gwplc.com yet?

I can do that but since they've not answered any of the questions I sent them before the last update, I might not be the right person Razz

(or maybe those questions were a bit niche)

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2022 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Please, may we have an official ruling (from Christer or GW FAQ) about the cost of a Primary skill taken instead of a Stat increase?
It's important to know the exact cost in order to decide the building strategy.

In my opinion, if you decide to take a Primary skill instead of a Stat increase you should pay the Primary skill 20 TV, not 40 TV. You pay what you get. Otherwise, paradoxically, there is no TV difference between a Primary and Secondary skill if you take it instead of a Stat increase.
Christer

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2022 - 14:16
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I attempted to fix this not too long ago, but made a mistake. Future skills should be costed appropriately.

If you have a skill with the wrong cost, contact staff (or your league manager if it's L division) to get it corrected.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2022 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the answer, Christer!
fxiii

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2022 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks Christer, i'll make a ticket to get my TV back :p
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2022 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
has anyone written to blooodbowlfaq @ gwplc.com yet?
)

Yes; they did not answer my questions either.
Maybe they need lots of people to all send the same questions so they know an answer is needed…

Lyracian.
 Jump to: