21 coaches online • Server time: 01:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mekutata

Post 1 Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

We have a couple of SPSP skills live on fumbbl and more and more Gits get to play tabletop Blood Bowl again.

So I am curious about other's experience and if anyone actually enjoys them or not.

A lot of them tend to be just variants of one time re-rolls for a single dice on Injuries, Armor Breaks or other moves based on situations or actions.
I kinda dislike those and they feel a bit random.
Old Pro and Consummate Professional would have been probably enough. I imagine it also to be headache to code for christer and candlejack, look less intuitive for coaches on a game's UI and also a slight annoyance for the one time you face one of these stars with their very own, individual skill with their own wording.

However, other skills allow one time usage of a skill that the player usually has no access to. These could be quite gud.
Frenzied Rush Frenzy... having not to use Frenzy everytime but only for the right tasty crowd surf.
"Excuse Me, Are You a Zoat?" Hypno Gazing
But also quite sad.
Shot to Nothing Hail Mary Pass... which imo is a bad skill in bb20).

There are a few skills that I like conceptually, but have not yet seen in action. They tend to feel more fluffy to me.

Strong Passing Game adding once per game ST to a pass roll should
Gored by the Bull adding 1 Block dice to a Blitz independent of opponent's dice
Ballista and Reliable would work well for when Ripper returns to Blood Bowl for "safe" Team Mate throwing.
Fury of the Bloodgod turning once per game a failed Nega-Trait into something useful (gains two Blocks in the turn) allows to give a reason for Star Players with Nega Traits
Wisdom of the fat Dwarf and Sneakiest of the lot are kinda cool but maybe too strong
Treacherous beating up a team-mate to take te ball away, sounds really great! Although Hakflem seems to be believed to be OP already. Not yet live on fumbbl.

Maybe too strong:
I'll Be Back! ignoring a Secret Weapon ejection on a strong Secret Weapon player, so basically you buy their auto-bribe.

And Blood Bowl's new *Pochette-surprise*
Blind Rage allowing the damn Squirrel reroll Dauntless each single time.. While I can make believe myself that Halflings and Dwarfs have the capability to play Blood Bowl, I can't do for Chip and Dale.

Not quite new but also mostly used on Stars (Death Roller the exception?) Mighty Blow +2, Dirty Player +2. It's just brutal. Could have simply been one of those one time per game special skillsto already impact a game strongly.

I feel there would have been great potential for creative and rare moments, where these players have the ability to change the rules of physics and allow otherwise hardly possible plays.

Allow to move a team-mate for an already rolled pass into an empty square, like an offensive "On the Ball".
Have a player sneak onto the field in case of less than eleven players on the pitch during on ongoing turn.
Throw a bomb from reserves box.
Throw an opponent player with Right Stuff.
Variants of existing Prayers to Nuffle or reusage of previous edition's cards.

How did TT tournaments handle with them so far?

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I used the verminator at the weekend, is ability is brilliant.... if hes not dead Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 14:12
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I wish the MB +2 and DP +2 were a little different. instead of straight +2 you get 2 separate mb rolls. +1 for armor and a different for av.
Lyracian

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I played quite a lot with Morg and never used his TTM re-roll. The change of getting an inaccurate pass turned into a fumble/wild seemed too much.

Old Pro stopped the Chainsaw getting send off in the game I played last night. 6+6 changed to 6+2. Still broke armour but he stayed on the pitch.

I used crushing blow in our League on the first 9 I rolled to get a Cas.

Blind Rage is funny; I like it. I'll Be Back! does not seem over powered since you pay for the bribe in his cost.

Lyracian.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2022 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I've used Max Spleenripper's MAXimum carnage a few times and its okay. There was a debate on how that works if you try to chainsaw someone with a foul, could you then activate Max Carnage and chainsaw another foul? Or another standing person? Could that effectively give you an extra blitz by running up to foul someone, then chainsawing the standing guy next to him?
I think the Star Players Special Rules are cool and fun, but there are a lot of weird interactions with them.
 Jump to: