38 coaches online • Server time: 17:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Scumb4g

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to make a team with a higher treasury? I wat to run some test games with a custom treasury to try out rules for a tournament with a friend but I can't find a way to edit the treasury amount. Am I missing something or is it not possible to start with more than 1000k anywhere?
Kinks

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 05:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you would need to create a league. As the admin for that league you should be able to do as you like.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 05:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You need a custom league for that.

Can use ruleset 4 if you don't want to make your own, and once teams are ready to play and applied to the group, you can edit treasury, fans, etc, and add SPP, skills, and injuries as you like.

With your own ruleset, you can set starting treasury to whatever you like. Generally copy ruleset 4 for the rest.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Creating your own league is the most flexible. But if you don't want to change anything other than starting treasury, you can create your teams using this link.

If you create your own league, you need to set the league type to "league" not "meta group"

Then you will be able to set the ruleset to 4.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 07:56 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the help, I just want to use the most recent rules, only need to set custom treasury but need to be able to add/buy skills at the start as well.
Scumb4g

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 07:58 Reply with quote Back to top

in case it's unclear, by add/buy skills I mean skills and stats that are available to those players not creating unique characters. We are thinking about organising a tournament in the future and want to playtest some rules where you can buy skills/stats for your players.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 08:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, start a new group, switch it to a league, change the ruleset number to 4, and "create a team for this league" from the top right link on the group page once complete. Then apply those teams to the teams tab on your group page, accept them in, and you've got full control and can make tournaments and stuff.

It's just set up that way so you can only mess with your own teams.

If you want more control over starting options, rather than just clicking the treasury number to add money after (you can also unready/ready teams, and unretire players, skill them, whatever), https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset gets you even more options, the number of the one you make is in the url for it, and use that instead of number 4.

You can also change rulesets later, and import the teams to switch with ruleset, but not roster, they use.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. If you want to start with extra treasury you will need a different ruleset.
You may as well create your own. It is easy enough.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Yep. If you want to start with extra treasury you will need a different ruleset.
You may as well create your own. It is easy enough.

it sure does have a lot of options that I don't know what to do with. I just want BB2020 rules but with more Treasury and the ability to buy skills/stat increases. I noticed you can apply tiers to different teams, but is it possible to give tiers different starting cash? This would be perfect but it seems complicated to add a team as you need to make the team first then add it to the "group" then do something as an admin to re-open the team?
koadah

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

On tab 1. Ruleset Options - set Rules Version to BB 2020
on tab 2 Team Settings - set Starting Treasury to whatever you want.

I don't think that tiers will affect starting cash. If you want different teams to get different money, then yes, the admin will need to edit the team after it has been created.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know what I am doing wrong but it just seems so ridiculously complicated to just try to do some "sandbox" games. I can invite a team to the league I created but I can't give them more cash, the team can't be validated because I used more than 1000k (which should be fine per league rules).
It's just intensely frustrating especially since I am trying to get people to join fumbbl who already feel it's too complicated as they just play BB2.
mekutata

Post   Posted: May 05, 2022 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Scumb4g wrote:
I don't know what I am doing wrong but it just seems so ridiculously complicated to just try to do some "sandbox" games. I can invite a team to the league I created but I can't give them more cash, the team can't be validated because I used more than 1000k (which should be fine per league rules).
It's just intensely frustrating especially since I am trying to get people to join fumbbl who already feel it's too complicated as they just play BB2.

I think you just have to get used to the UI.
Don't invite existing teams to your league with modified treasury settings, but tell coaches to make the team on your leeg page. https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=15552&op=view (I assume that is your group?). Switch the group to be a league (on your league page, on top under "More"-"Edit Group Info"). Then the link should look slightly different and allow to "Create a team for this league".

As league admin you will be able to edit any team created under that link. This includes Treasury and also options to add/change skills or SPP.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for taking long to get back. I made a team using the link create a team for this leauge, but I still had to manually invite it in and cannot edit anything in that team. My only options are Leave or Kick.
mekutata

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Scumb4g wrote:
Sorry for taking long to get back. I made a team using the link create a team for this leauge, but I still had to manually invite it in and cannot edit anything in that team. My only options are Leave or Kick.

Still having to join the league is normal.
After you joined, go to the team's teampage, you will see that treasury and some other team values show up now in red. Just click on them and you can change the values.
For player skills/stats, click on the players. Their pages will grant you now to "Add Skill" and "Grant Skill" etc above.

Regarding Treasury: If you created the ruleset yourself you can change the Starting Treasury there, if you imported an existing ruleset you must oblige to the given settings. However, after having added the team to your group you can unready them again and change treasury individually as you please as described above.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2022 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much for your help, I finally got it sorted, and most importantly my friend was able to create a team without issues, so we should be able to test some different rules for team creation.
 Jump to: