38 coaches online • Server time: 13:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2022 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I like 1TTD's with rats and speedy humans. There is something I just don't get with the new rules, or the newest client. If I say what I think happens, can someone tell me where it goes wrong?

Gutter Runners (AG2+) and +AG humans should be able to jump 'diagonally' over a prone player on a 2+, as long as they start the leap and end the leap out of tackle zones. It becomes 3+ if they start/end in a tackle zone, and so on.

The LEAP skill means this applies over ANY square, not just a downed player. So for the 1TTD, if my +AG LEAP human catcher 'jumps' over that last line of defense with his leap skill, starting and ending in just 1 TZ, that's a 3+, right, kind of like it always was. So.. why is it that when I put my Very Long Legs on my gutter does he seem to be making this final leap at a 3+, instead of a 2+? Don't the legs negate that first Tackle Zone penalty?

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2022 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules ?

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2022 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Legs negates a single -1 penalty, to a MINIMUM of -1. That's the bit you're missing.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2022 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, so with only 1 or 2 TZ involved then VLL adds nothing to Leap, if there's are 3 tacklezones involved then you get +1 for Leap and +1 for VLL leaping for an overall -1 modifier
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2022 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Do this build on Gutter Runner: Block, Dodge, Side Step, Sprint, Two Heads, either AG 5 or Break Tackle if you can't get it.
It's almost as good as old Leap.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2022 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Sooo, does the new leap just add tackle zones to the fray? Only between the leap start/end point you use the bigger of the two TZ values for the leap dice roll? And the leap skill allows you to use the smaller of the two TZ values? Do I have this right? Starting playing TT again & it's a pain figuring out how to apply everything manually, especially w/ the rules changes!

Maybe someone could start a sticky thread for the new rules set for say '2020 rules clarifications' for all of us Fumbblers who are doing TT? Just a thought.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2022 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

You know, you can take Grab on a Blitzer (or score it on a Lineman random secondary if you're fishing for Guard or Mighty Blow), and that lets you throw a blitz-free OTS attempt. In that case, all you really need is a Dauntless Catcher and maybe a Guard Blitzer if the defensive backline is shallow enough, and your Catcher can blitz his way into the end zone. Frenzy works too but is less reliable, though maybe not so much if that Dauntless Catcher also has Side Step. Grab does it best.