29 coaches online • Server time: 01:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd have to go digging, but yes, sometimes, as AV9+ elves: I've got a lack of recent elf matches in C, so I'll have to take a look through my L and R teams. I play Humans more often, and locking out the cage and collapsing the backside, even vs bash teams, is pretty much always my go-to.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to watch games played in C as Elves with BB2020 rules.
Yes, with Humans is easier because they have at least 5 Guard players, usually, and 2-3 MB, at least.
With Elves it's harder to put the same pressure, according to my own experience.
This is why I asked for games as Elves and not as Humans.
They can pressure a cage, but not for much time, they are easily removed, especially once you face Guardmb spam teams. To be more specific, I mean Orcs, Dwarfs, Chaos Dwarfs. Those teams spam Guard and Block, not to mention Tackle. Chaos, for example, at low-mid TV is not that hard to bog down, compared to the above teams, due to lack of starting skills.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, it's a slightly different game against those teams, especially at mid-to-high development. With no-Guard teams (including my Random Generals Humans) at lower TVs, usually my objective is to get all the action going one way and then force a redirect, where the slower players that tend to hit harder can't keep up.

I haven't played C at high levels yet, I'm keeping all my teams to 15 games until seasons kicks in. It's a lot easier at lower TV, I'll admit. It's one thing drawing two Guard chaos dorfs out of position, and quite another when there are five. In the old days, I could rely on having a couple Guard of my own, and if I popped the ball I could punt and wreck their drive. This doesn't work so well anymore. Then again, ClawMB is a lot weaker, especially vs AV9+, where it's lost like 64% of its power.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
In the old days, I could rely on having a couple Guard of my own, and if I popped the ball I could punt and wreck their drive. This doesn't work so well anymore. Then again, ClawMB is a lot weaker, especially vs AV9+, where it's lost like 64% of its power.

Yes, with old level up system Elves could get a couple of Guards, with a bit of luck, in the first-two skill ups. Now it's way harder. In BB2020 I tend to have only 2 Guard Blitzers after many games, this makes hard to fight the bashers. I make up for lack of ST with Dauntless Linelves, but even with them I can't fight a prolonged attrition block battle vs cages.
Blitz! has been nerfed too, so it's hard to prevent the cage from setting up.
Clawmb is not the problem anymore, it's the GuardMB spam.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I think redrafting will be a big boon to stick-and-move teams with a bunch of similar players, so I'm holding out hope that it gets better from here. I don't think picking doubles is the answer except Block bigs. In the new format, I'm more tempted to go fishing in season 1, because I'm just gonna flush out the Brawlers and Pile Drivers. This kind of thinking rewards toolbox play, and that in turn rewards versatile players.

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by stick and move team?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2022 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, in my head was high elves with a lineman heavy build, but also humans, dark elves, Amazons, anything without the weight to be proper bash or the speed to be proper dash.