42 coaches online • Server time: 15:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is BB20 really a problem?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
I miss CLAWPOMB.
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
Dwarfs still like it.
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Game should use 1d8 instead of 1d6.
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
I've left fumbbl since the update and didn't even read this.
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Throw Team Mate is bugged.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will always find a way to minmax!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pie.
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 154

Java

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2022 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

the can could contain anything! a check for a million dollars! or even a boat!

EDIT

I enjoy a good rant, especially those that are entirely based on one's self-generated synaptical interactions, as much as the next meat automaton

carry on trooper
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2022 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

@java

How drunk are you? I need to buy what ever you are drinking to reach your level of thesaurus slaying level of grammer.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2022 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

in a surprising turn of events, I AM NOT DRUNK

just exhausted

but remembering the times when I get bladdered on the fumblewebs, my advice is a bottle of decent ale in the style of the belgians or, lacking that, the germans or, regrattably, the french, and after that, since you're already far removed from being able to appreciate any semblance of quality, a selection of chilled bovine urethral secretions labelled "Moretti" or whatever the local value-brand of lager might be

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2022 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you read Christers blogs re implementing 2020, he has said that any team can enter a major but at the end of that tournament you have to redraft.

This means a coach can play x games up to 15, be ready, play the tournament and then redraft.

The number of seasons is irrelevant as no matter how many seasons you do, you're coming off the same base (1350k) with the exception of a new team.

1350k plus 15 games... you can get quite a high TV.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"1350k plus 15 games... you can get quite a high TV."

Oh, the *carefully* selected 15 games. Could we also turn this into a 'picking' thread? Good for 4 more pages.

It would be cool if the new equivalent of a Black Box major was a tourney or 2 for teams that had only ever been in the 'scheduler only' stream.

Also.. does a Major-Master-Manager know if the intent is to go back to all 8 major tournaments when things get sorted? I have an old project on the back burner to honor the human teams that go deepest in each major. BB2020 seems the perfect time to kick it off.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really hoping that if your team has been scheduler only for some certain number of seasons (maybe 4?) that they can be identified as scheduler only. Team history matters, and some teams started in ranked that I'd love to have in scheduler.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

That would be nice, but would add, perhaps, a level of programming complication to the system. Of course, sometimes Christer makes creating some things look almost trivial, and they magically appear.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

just a rant here... played a low TV match yesterday pitting my humans versus some black orcs. games was fine except for the 4 WILDLY INACCURATE PASSES that completely negated what would have been otherwise exciting plays. Fumbles I can handle, but a dedicated thrower randomly chunking the ball into the stands is asinine.

Was hoping I could prove the anti-passers wrong, but looks like I need to jump on the bandwagon.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, dude. Wildly Inaccurate would be way cooler if it triggered on "miss by more than 2" rather than "modified 1 or less." So a 4+ passer needs to think about WI on short or longer passes, while a 2+ passer really needs fear only the long bomb, and you need tackle zones or Disturbing Presence to force it on a 1+ passer. By contrast, for Skeletons or Chaos Dwarf Blockers, it's an ever-present concern. Not sure what this would do to TTM, would hate to have multiple standards (unless one is a simplified version of the other).

Alternative idea: a wild ball deviates from the target, while a wild bomb or teammate or anything else but the ball deviates from the passer. This is a little more complex, but it rewards exciting plays like punts and Hail Mary Passes without rewarding bombs or TTMs.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Murker wrote:
"1350k plus 15 games... you can get quite a high TV."

Oh, the *carefully* selected 15 games. Could we also turn this into a 'picking' thread? Good for 4 more pages.

Well, we could turn this into a "pickers" thread of 15 games or a Box Scheduler was very kind to you thread.

I was under the impression that the new scheduler would allow coaches to have choices on "pick" or "scheduler".

Lets put that on the side since it is essence a side discussion of who is more a manly Blood Bowl coach.

Why 15 games? Why not 20 or 25?

Before redraft?

If you invert my POV of a base TV redraft at 2000 TV and then I throw out a redraft of 1350 base TV but at a 25 game season. What is the issue?

Murker is totally on point on this issue. Some coaches will always find a reason to bitch and moan and complain about how some coaches have found the new meta to "game" the system.

For some reason Coaches posting on this thread seem to be very interested in the integrity of "fair" play when it comes to C/B majors and minor, when it comes to TV and season play.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Side note: of the new scheduler is thrown out and it allows teams to either Pick/Sheduler or do both....then why the need for a C/B div? Why not just make C the open play Div and for the fans of Box only sytle match making make that a tag or some sort on their team?

IMO if every coach was allowed to play C games with either/or options the vast majority will have a mix of both choices for game play. Only the die hard I only pick/schedule coaches would be in the minority of coaches. The majority of coaches would fall in the middle. I looked for a game for 10 minutes and see that the Box schedule is about to go off and throw you team(s) into that....I just want to play, type of coach.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2022 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Iam 100% on board with how this rule set totally screwed up passing as a viable tactic. In fact I think the main reason why coaches are upset is that the rule set made it even more stupid to make a team based around passing.

The #1 rule of Blood Bowl since the dawn of time was that you only passed the ball if you had to Or farm a 1SPP from a elf lino to get a skill.

Deep down I sense that a lot of Coaches wanted passing to be a more viable way to win this game and where crest fallen to find out it is even worse than BB2016.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2022 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

My understanding of Christer's previous blog posts is that there will only be the Competitive division, and the scheduler and gamefinder will be options teams have, and teams will be able to identify that they have been scheduler only. (Which I'm hoping will be able to be marked after some period of time of scheduler only so that teams that started years ago in ranked can be marked that way without needing to make a whole new team.)
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2022 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
and teams will be able to identify that they have been scheduler only.

This is another point that is not new, been around for around 6 years now. The idea that a team who "only" plays box style play...is some how superior to a coach who plays by picking matches.

I have been a coach who wanted the option to play either/or.

In my hay day of being able to play multiple games in a single day my main motivation was to "just play" a damn game. Thus I have multiple Box teams with a lot of games, those where the days when I just activated in the box at the 10.44 time, I want to play Blood Bowl.

My main team the Buccaneers I would throw on GF and sit for over a hour some times. Why any one would would turn down a game against a Human team run by PainState iam still trying to figure out.

The point of all of this is if there is only one (C) div. all coaches have choice of Pick/sched....why are the scheduler only coaches "better"?

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

We're just going on 10 pages and already it's devolved into Box vs Ranked, in a world that includes neither.

I hereby declare this the best edition ever, on those grounds.