60 coaches online • Server time: 20:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2022 - 06:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

SWL XCI Premier
Game 3: GreySquirrel's Human "Ostland Horns"Image

Turn 5:

<ramchop> this is horrific
I didn't actually say that this time, but things were progressing in a similar fashion to the first half of last game. Three BOrcs off the pitch and the Troll too.

Let's skip ahead to the end of the match before returning to the Houdini act...

My last turn of the game, no rerolls left. A 4+ dodge to stop the score

Woodridge starts a Blitz Action.
Woodridge targets Felix Bressart.
Dodge Roll [ 3 ]
Woodridge trips while dodging.

Never has a whistle sounded so good. And the Houdini act of Turn 5? Clearly, the less said about this game the better.

Full Time: 0-4 (0/2/0 - 2/2/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 06, 2022 - 22:42
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 4: Bobs' Orc "Dirrty Duzzin"Image

There are Fun coaches and then there are "Fun" coaches.

Fun coaches are great, they bring an amazing spirit to the game. Typified by a chuckle, a laugh that can't help but make you smile. A gleam in the eye of pure enjoyment. Sure they might bring strange builds, low tier, silly stars. But they understand what this means. They'll play hard and will enjoy the game win or lose, and this attitude is infectious. You'll lose to them sometimes and when you do you'll be happy for them. The Fun coaches.

"Fun" coaches are a blight. The type who begin an encounter with "If I cared about winning, I wouldn't bring goblins". The façade often crumbles after a couple of turns when things don't go well. These are the people who moan, and I mean really moan about dice. The type who will concede or click through a game against the only international visitor at a table top tournament. The person who will quit the game multiple times "never to return", place his team under the front wheel of their car and drive back and forth over it. "Fun"

Where is this going?

I brought Morg.
Spent a significant portion of my treasury on a nuclear warhead. If I wasn't going to win this game against the reigning SWL Champ, at least I'd have Fun doing it. "Fun"

Man I was on tilt when things went badly this game. I hope it didn't show through in the chat. It's one thing about FUMBBL that is a blessing. Throw your laptop against the wall in a fit of rage and your opponent will never know (well, maybe, if you don't have a spare laptop).

SWL is my ultracompetitive league and I need to treat it with that level of respect. I'd love to be a Fun coach, but I won't let myself be a "Fun" coach.

Black Orcs will take a bit more thought than just kill all mens. It's a puzzle that Morg won't solve, but one I'll spend the time on to at least try to find most of the pieces. The GGs will get to 100 games (yes, I'm a masochist too).

Full Time: 0-3 (0/1/0 - 1/0/0)

Bobs has an interesting team build. Maybe if I get to Prem again I'll discuss it in our next encounter.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 14, 2022 - 10:57
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 5: JPMs' Underworld "Styx and Warpstones"Image

Ha! This? This is nothing. You should see the other guy.

Full Time: 0-2 (0/0/1 - 2/1/1)
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 21, 2022 - 10:51
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 6: Miyuso's Tomb Kings "Ophidian Infidels"Image

"Khemri-an-elfing"

A line in the first four editions of
12 days of Christmas - a FUMBBL carol

But not the 2021 edition? Why not? Maybe a slick Khemri passing play would come 5 months too late, and secure me an undesired last place in Prem?

Nope.

I'm still not playing so good. After collecting the ball, the blodge goblin was left wide open for a Tackle Blitz-ra hit. Nuffle saved me.
Image Image
and Miyuso decided not to reroll it.
Goblins were also blessed with a very good dodging game, Tomb Guardians cursed with many skulls and both downs.

But I'll happily take this one.

Full Time: 2-0 (0/2/0 - 2/1/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2022 - 23:31
FUMBBL Staff

SWL XCI Premier
Game 7: JamesDSF's Necromantic "Turbo Wolves"Image

A massive game for both ends of the table.

Despite suffering huge casualties this season (Cas diff -12 after 6 games), the Necro had performed extremely well and were tied at the top of the table with this last game to go. A pair of scary good wolves, and you'd have to think they were strong favourites to win this encounter.
So a chance I'd have a strong say in who'd win Prem. Their rivals tied at the top were JPM's Underworld. The peoples' favourite - UW have never won SWL before. Though with the BB20 inducements the way they are now, maybe the people who have faced new Styx feel slightly less favoritism towards them.

However, I was more concerned with the my end of the table. I'd never "won" the spoon before in any division, and I really didn't want to start now. The win last week eased the pressure a bit, but if the GG's lost this one and if the humans won, then that unwanted spoon would be all mine.

First drive the Wolves received, somehow they felt encouraged by my BOrcs to score on Turn 4 (good work BOrcs!), which gave me a chance to take the upper hand.

GG's T4 was great! Two zombies in casualty (failed regens), and a ghoul seriously injured.
T5 was pretty special too, killing the other ghoul.
I'm beginning to see where the Wolves got their Cas diff from.

Turn 8 in the box seat.....

Damn.
I used the apo on my Ag4 badly hurt goblin, I'd need him back for the 2nd half.
How to score? I really couldn't see any clever hits to do there. Good thing we had two rerolls for this.
3+ Dodge away from a tackler [5]
4+ pickup [6]
4+ Dodge [4]

Halftime 1-1

11 Luckers vs 7 Turbos. Ground them down to 4.

Full Time 2-1 (2/4/1 - 3/0/1)

So in the end am pretty happy with the 3/0/4. Felt quite low with those thrashings mid-season and the run of 4 losses in a row. But it was nice to end with a couple of wins.

Finished 6th on the table. We got leapfrogged by the chorfs who beat the humans with a season ending forfeit win (forfeits suck!).
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2022 - 03:13
FUMBBL Staff

Back down in the conferences. The fun zone of SWL where you can find yourself battling for promotion, or desperately scrapping to avoid relegation.

Who are we up against?:

SWL XCII Capt'n Crunch Conference

Image Pitch Painters (Faulcon) 1250k (8/7/5)
Image Bronzed Raiders (Sharper) 1500k (10/4/5)
Image Slouching Viper, Midden Dragon (The_Squigadier) 1460k (8/5/8)
Image Latent Talent (wintergreen13) 1400k (10/3/1)
Image Gits and Shiggles (BeefyGoodness) 1410k (9/3/9)
Image Grimbreakers (tribalsinner) 1200k (7/1/1)
Image Boomtown Ratzz (knine) 1430k (6/4/4)

Another good mix. Not a losing record in that lot, it's going to be tough as always. The Luckers enter the season at 1555k the biggest of this bunch (for now), and a record of 11/2/8.

Nothing like losing to snotlings in the first round to get a season off to a good start. Let's see if we can avoid that....
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 08:36
FUMBBL Staff

Game 1: Faulcon's Snotling "Pitch Painters"Image

<Sharper> Well, looks like i'll be getting inducements again against you @ramchop

Poor Sharper. He came away from his Round 1 match with a victory, but his TV plummeted from 1500k to 1190k. Three mng blockers, and a dead hobgoblin. If it was possible to feel sorry for Chorf, then I might.... nah. Anyway, that's what awaits me in Round 2, how did my first game go?

Te Aro is hit by the explosion.
Te Aro has been killed.
Te Aro does not regenerate.
And that was just Turn 1

I did enjoy this moment. Down to 7 players, 3 of the 4 BOrcs tied up, ball carrier out of range and easy prey for Hakflem or a swarm of snotlings. What to do?

Despite having my BOrcs cut in half there was still hope to salvage a draw on Turn 16 with a well timed Time Out. But a failed pickup and Hakflem happened.

Oh well, at least I'll get some inducements against Sharper in Round 2. TV from 1560k to 985k. Can someone please lend me 5k for a new BOrc?

Full Time: 1-3 (5/2/0 - 1/2/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 05:11
FUMBBL Staff

Game 2: Sharper's Chaos Dwarf "Bronzed Raiders"Image

"Damn it!"
That was a thought that popped into my head about 2 hours after the final whistle. Well maybe harsher words than that, but this is a PG-rated blog. For I had a realisation on what I should have done which would likely have won me the game.

It was a good game. Both teams had been thoroughly smashed up in Round 1. So 3 three Black Orcs and no troll lined up against 4 chorfs (including 1 merc bought with treasury) and 2 centaurs.

I truly thought we had very little chance of competing in this game, the goblins really needed to step up. And that they did.

In the first drive the little buggers were relentless. Bomber Dribblesnot peppered them with bombs. A prayer gave a bruiser a knife, and twice he stuck it into the ball carrier. Sadly, twice the armour held strong. Eventually Bomber hit and stunned the target and the chorfs decided enough was enough, and scored T5.

An Ag2+ Blodge goblin is a wonderful thing. Maybe I wouldn't have tried this had I realised the receiver was a journeyman

Half time 1-1

An Ag2+ Blodge goblin is a wonderful thing. 6 block dice on that blitz, no Pows allowed.

And finally to stop the chorf score and win the game. Go the 2D uphill!

The goblins really stepped up. Unfortunately the flimsy protection was not enough. A 3D hit spilled the ball and it scattered nicely for the Raiders.

<ramchop> I probably should have run forward instead of up

No, that wasn't the "Damn it!" moment. I should have hiffed it downfield. That would have likely won me the game.

Full time: 2-2 (0/1/1 - 1/1/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2022 - 01:43
FUMBBL Staff

Game 3: The_Squigadier's Lizardman "Slouching Viper, Midden Dragon"Image

Bruce Leeaf Viper, what a mighty fine specimen of a Kroxigor. This emerging star had very little to say in the first half, but he more than made up for it in the second.

Turn 9: Oh Dear, poor Bruce could just stand there in shock as his team mate saurus...
Image Image
Image Image
...allowed the opposition to run up and claim the short kick.

Turn 10: Bruce's job to free up a saurus, who would then get a clear hit on the ball carrier. "Doh"

Turn 11: Time to warm up a bit and punch a BOrc in the face

Turn 12: There's a troll in the way.
Not anymore

Turn 13: Bruce gives the ball carrier a welcoming hug.

Turn 14: Bruce shows his speedy side, and races around to give a more forceful hug.

Turn 15: Who said Break Tackle was no good anymore? Go the dodging Krox!

Turn 16: I said "Go the dodging Krox!"

A pretty good effort from Bruce to make up for his inattention early in the half. However, it really was time someone stood up to this bully.

Full time: 2-0 (2/0/0 - 1/1/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2022 - 01:11
FUMBBL Staff

Game 4: wintergreen13's Elves "Latent Talent"Image

150k in treasury, time to replace the troll who died in R1. Or not. As much as I love trolls; Last round's merc took a lot of punches for the team; The vomit; The TTM option... there was the small issue of Morg. I didn't feel I needed a troll against elves, and I really didn't feel the need to face Morg'n'Thorg. So I held onto my treasury, blew 30k of it on expensive mistakes, and another 50k on a bribe befor the teams lined up.

Latent Talent had a mighty fine record going into this game. 11/5/1. It was going to be a difficult one.

Elves brought Eldril and a babe. The Luckers did to the elves what they did to the Saurus last round. Knocked a lot of them out. This made caging against Eldril easier and we stepped in for a T8 score.

All but the thrower came back for the first drive of the 2nd half. Elves put the hurt on the BOrcs putting 3 of the team into casualty, in response the Luckers didn't harm a single elf. So they scored T13, thinking the numbers advantage (11:8), their elfy ways, and Eldril may just give them yet another victory.

Turn 13: Elf numbers advantage gone 8:8

Turn 14: BOrc numbers advantage 8:7

Turn 15: Eldril strikes. Hypnogaze! [1] "MESMERIZING DANCE" [2].
2D hit on my blodger
Image Image

Down he goes. A snaky elf dodge ended their turn one move early. He also helpfully knocked himself out in the process.
BOrc numbers advantage 8:6

The downed Ag+ blodger out of range, we'd need to rely on another goblin to rush forward and withstand an elf hit.

Turn 16 Eldril tries to remove the dodge skill. Fails!
Line elf tries to dodge for the blitz. [1] rr [1]

2D push to free the ball carrier from Eldril after a BOrc burns a rr gfi to get the assist on.
Image Image

But before we score, let's do a 3D hit on their blitzer. What could go wrong?
Image Image Image

OK, let's not try that again

Full time: 2-1 (1/1/0 - 2/0/0)

A single elf, did more fouls (11) than all of the goblins (8). Oh the shame!
Muff2n

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2022 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Particularly loved the focus on the krox! Glad someone stood up (probably knee high) to that slippery bully.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2022 - 07:32
FUMBBL Staff

Game 5: BeefyGoodness's Old World Alliance "Gits and Shiggles"Image

Round 1 of Prem last season the Giggles smashed me off the park. A 0-2 thrashing. How could the GG's turn that around?

Maybe Sharper's chorfs could help. 5 OWA journeymen lined up after a Round4 chorf massacre! 6 players, 5 journeymen, and my good friend Morg.

The first half swung around a bit, with plenty of hits on the ball carrier.

Hit 1 - free the Tackler:

Hit 2 - Morg!
Followed by a lot of dice rolls by the Ag4 blodger

Hit 3 - Dorfs don't need tackle

Hit 4 - Trust in blodge
Image Image
rr
Image Image

Hit 5 - Trust in blodge
Image Image

Half time 1-0

Morg may not have been able to get or prevent the score on their drive. But he did put a sizeable dent in the Luckers lineup.

Start of the second half it was 7 Luckers vs 10 Giggles.

A big scrum - all 17 players in a tiny square:
Things would be a bit grim if it wasn't for an Ag4 goblin, and some serious trust in Blodge.

Full Time 2-1 (0/1/0 - 0/3/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Jul 27, 2022 - 09:23
FUMBBL Staff

Game 6: tribalsinner's Dwarf "Grimbreakers"Image

Coming into this game I thought that if I didn't smash these dorfs off the park I'd be happy with a draw.

I didn't smash these dorfs off the park. I'm happy with a draw.

Turn 12:
Outnumbered 11-7 and even more outmuscled, the two remaining standing goblins ran and ran until they were knocked over and then the whole team stayed prone.

No troll on the team, no TTM option.

Full Time: 1-1 (0/0/0 - 2/1/1)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 08:24
FUMBBL Staff

Game 7: knine's Skaven "Boomtown Ratzz"Image

This game pissed me off before we had even started. knine made no secret of the fact he was not continuing with this team after this season. So with no season rebuy, had happily spent his treasury on whatever he liked. And I just knew he'd spend it on Bomber Dribblesnot.

<knine> Had a gutful of having this team destroyed 2-3 times a season. Going with armour next time around

Destroyed? Seriously? 1760k going into this game, biggest team in the divsion by 200k. #$%& off you with your "destroyed".

But while there was not a lot riding on this game for knine, it was a key one for the Luckers. Draw and I make Prem, Lose and I don't. That simple.

14 rats (15 when Bomber inevitably shows up). The numbers game didn't look good in my eyes. I had to bump up my measly 11.
Bought a goblin
Hired Bomber (I saw him as more of a danger to me, so went for the cancel)
Hired a Merc troll
Hired a Merc BOrc
... and dipped into the treasury for a bribe.

And then Bomber shows up for both sides. Argh!

How did the game go? A tale of 4 snaked gfis

Snaked GFI #1, Turn 1
Rats going in hard and early.
3x 3+ dodges
1x 2+ dodge
2x gfis
It was a decent chance of spilling the ball.
... if he got there.

Snaked GFI #2, Turn 7
Smack the two rats away. And if I don't knock him over, at least my wunder gob Pomare can 2+ dodge away anyway.
... if the hit even happened that is.

Snaked GFI #3, Turn 8
Sure there was a lot of work still to do if I wanted to score after smacking that rat.
... if we got as far as the smack

Half time 0-0

Snaked GFI #4, Turn 15
3x 2+ dodges
2x gfi
Easy score for the freshly sped up wunder gob
... yeah, easy

Full time 0-1 (1/0/0 - 0/0/0)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2022 - 05:39
FUMBBL Staff

Here we go again. After the final round failure last season the GG's have another season in the Conferences.

SWL starts adding agent fees for players who have completed 4 seasons. 15k per season from here on for my favourites. So I had to make some cuts.
A random Tackle goblin
A block mighty blow BOrc
A dirty player goblin
...all couldn't squeeze into the budget, so they and a bunch of failed rookies were dumped

I did manage to find room for 45k of fees to keep my best BOrc, a dirty git, and of course my Ag+ Ma+ blodge wunder gob.

Agent fees don't count towards TV so the GG Luckers come into the new season at 1445k.

Who are we up against?:

SWL XCIII Chocolate Conference

Image Love Handlers (hellohelloalex) 1440k (7/1/6)
Image Redgum's Renaissance (Redgum) 1295k (3/1/4)
Image Bony Bumpers (Plonkl) 1500k (6/2/8)
Image Flower Beard (Cullymon) 1510k (13/3/11)
Image Amateur Professionals (tussock) 1480k (10/5/12)
Image Pitch Painters (Faulcon) 1300k (12/7/8)
Image Albion Itinerants (buuface) 1490k (10/3/7)

A nice mix of bash, dash, scissors and a dynamite. Should be fun.
 Jump to: