47 coaches online • Server time: 16:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is BB20 really a problem?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
I miss CLAWPOMB.
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
Dwarfs still like it.
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Game should use 1d8 instead of 1d6.
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
I've left fumbbl since the update and didn't even read this.
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Throw Team Mate is bugged.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will always find a way to minmax!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pie.
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 154

Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we remove the Wizard??
I think it's anti bloodbowl...

And maybe "classification" the team by group...
Example: If i play with Wood Elves versus Chaos Dwarf or Dwarf, i win more money than versus Skavens. Good idea no?
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2022 - 06:55 Reply with quote Back to top

" Why any one would would turn down a game against a Human team run by PainState iam still trying to figure out. "

Because the Bucs were a pain in the ass, at any TV size. A weapon ogre.. an unpredictable playbook.. the threat of relentless atttack and fouling, even when fouling sucked.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3547330

The Bucs always came heavy, and some people just want an easy match sometimes.

The Bucs may have given wins, but they didn't give 'easy.'

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

2020 still has people who like playing rookie teams.. 1300+ starting tv for life!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

From my particular perspective and imho, maybe 1300+ is a bit high but yes, TV 1000 is super boring, especially after thousands of games played.
It can be quite fun to explore at TV 1000 new rules and rosters when the ruleset changes but it gets old fast.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

@matt

So 1000tv..bad 1300+ kinda of bad....1800+ tv bad? "a bit high" at TV1300 implies TV1800+ is a no go. So what in the hell TV range do you like to play at since 2 of three options, you implied are bad?

I know...trust me I know...Why I even made this post is beyond me. It just had to be said...Iam sorry for making this thread go another page.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
2020 still has people who like playing rookie teams.. 1300+ starting tv for life!

I give...cant take this any more. The most boring form of Blood Bowl is starting a team and getting them to the 1200-1400 TV range..so much potential, so many options on player development.....Nope...need to stop there good sir, we cant have teams who bloat the tv range to high. How am I supposed to keep track of all your skill ups?

Think about the guys who can only play once a week in C...you dont want them to able to compete with your teams?

anybody who argues that Blood Bowl should be a fair and equitable game obviously does not embrace the "spirit" of this game and iam losing patience with those coaches.

Yeah, what ever, yes, it is just a game.....A game you can choose to play what ever TV level, seasons played you want to..Nobody can force you to play over 1200TV.

Iam still mad "we" have not decided if there will be a FUMBBL cup this year. If there is not....well...maybe I just go over to L for all my games and play in my KPL sand Box and watch FUMBBL C div fade away into dust.

God ****** matt/nelphine....dudes, you drive me insane.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

i mean, i want teams to START there. this would still be an even playing field. i want all the people,everywhere, to start with a 1300 tv team (including having some learned skills).

so yes, all those who can only play one game a week (or a month!) should absolutely still be able to compete.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
From my particular perspective and imho, maybe 1300+ is a bit high but yes, TV 1000 is super boring, especially after thousands of games played.

You DO realise that "especially after thousands of games played" literally pertains to maybe 0.01% of all blood bowl coaches, do you? Maybe even less than that?

How self-absorbed can you be to only see the world from your pov? You are not the average blood bowl coach, and fumbbl is not the average blood bowl experience. Blood bowl is a tabletop game, and thousands of people only play like 10-20 games a year.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

so yes, all those who can only play one game a week (or a month!) should absolutely still be able to compete.

Compete at what though? Serious.

Does a coach who on average who plays 1 game a week on his C team sitting there thinking of dreams of glory in a major/minor torunament. He is crest fallen to find out that his team lacks skills and cant really compete...Lets put coach skill talent on the side...lets just talk about the team it self.

So you are telling me that we are at 10 pages on this and we must champion the coach who plays 4 games a month over coaches who play almost totally in the C div or old R/B?

Invert that point.. Coaches who play mainly C or old R/B should have some "say" in how (L) play should be conducted over all the vast amount of Leagues when it comes to TV or redraft? Dont come back with, well L play allows a diverse choice of options on how to play, that dont fly.

Are you implying that if the C div implements TV 1350 redraft that would make tournament play more fair in Majors/Minors?....that coaches would reduce their L play and be more likely to play in the open C div?

Why is FUMBBL concerned again about a coach who plays 2-4 games a month in the C div again? I think I missed that point.

Last edited by PainState on Jun 27, 2022 - 20:51; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
@matt

So 1000tv..bad 1300+ kinda of bad....1800+ tv bad? "a bit high" at TV1300 implies TV1800+ is a no go. So what in the hell TV range do you like to play at since 2 of three options, you implied are bad?

I like 1200-1600 range, but it can vary according to ruleset.
For example, in CRP cpomb imho broke the game at 1700-1800 (or even at 1200 if you played minmax Chaos Renegades and Chorfs).
For me we could play at TV 3000, IF the game were still balanced. I don't hate high TV games per se, I hate the unbalances that are worsened as the TV grows, because the TV is not very accurate. The higher it gets, the higher the "calculation error" gets.
With these rules I don't know exactly, because I have not experienced the effect of Season Re-Draft.
With "a bit high" I mean to say that starting at 1300 could be a bit high (thinking about a league, normal or perpetual). Talking about the starting TV of a team is different than talking about the TV at which a team is supposed to hover.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 27, 2022 - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

um.... this has nothing to do with my point.

i want to get rid of teams starting at 1000tv. the fact that bb2020 (as with previous editions) has this as the starting point drives me nuts.

to be clear, i'm not talking about redrafts. i'm talking about START.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:

i want to get rid of teams starting at 1000tv. the fact that bb2020 (as with previous editions) has this as the starting point drives me nuts.

FINALLY!!!! some one else is starting to get "worked up"!!!!!!

the KPL is getting the BB2020 work over and we start at a TV of 1400...just in case anybody cares.

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

How self-absorbed can you be to only see the world from your pov? You are not the average blood bowl coach, and fumbbl is not the average blood bowl experience. Blood bowl is a tabletop game, and thousands of people only play like 10-20 games a year.

And how self-absorbed can you be in writing a post if you can't read the starting disclaimer (courtesy of Java) I wrote: "From my particular perspective and imho"? Very Happy

Many if not most people use their own experience to talk about world and judge things.
It's not a surprise, and you stated the obvious by pointing out that.
I just wrote my personal opinion, I didn't demand that everybody must agree about it.

Also, "especially after thousands of games" didn't mean that I required to play thousands of games to realize it, just that playing thousands of games made a boring experience even more boring.
So, no need to play thousands of games like me. Very Happy

Last edited by MattDakka on Jun 27, 2022 - 20:56; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
um.... this has nothing to do with my point.

Some people like starting at 1000. I have no idea why. Someone did try to explain it to me once but I didn't get it. Mr. Green

1100, 1150, even 1200.

[L]eague division FTW! Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2022 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

oh sure, but this is the thread where i get to say what i don't like. i don't like 1000tv starts! 1300tv for life! *flails*
 Jump to: