33 coaches online • Server time: 10:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is BB20 really a problem?
Yes.
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
I miss CLAWPOMB.
10%
 10%  [ 16 ]
Dwarfs still like it.
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Game should use 1d8 instead of 1d6.
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
I've left fumbbl since the update and didn't even read this.
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
Throw Team Mate is bugged.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I will always find a way to minmax!
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Pie.
24%
 24%  [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 154

ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I too have some old teams in R and B that I want to put into C for fluff reasons. There was a link somewhere (Christers blog?) that allowed you to see how your team looks through a 1350k TV redraft. It proportioned your W/L record to give you a DF total and I found that despite the fluff my teams would be better off retiring due to what I consider sub optimal DF and non compatible skill bloat.

Then, I read somewhere here that team names can now be re-used (I may be mistaken) so when the redraft comes in, I may simply reuse the name and create a new team.

But in the interim I am waiting...

And @AD great post, agree with all you say.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
Nelphine wrote:
i like history.

History of what? The only History in the old R/B div was Majors winners. History of the epic struggles in the semi and final matches...all recorded into the FUMBBL history book on the Tournament pages.

Are you talking about the "history" of your teams overall record? the link to all your past matches?

All of that pales into insignificances to the power of BB2020.

I think you're overreacting. People get attached to things, for reasons. And still they should accept change when it's for the better (or when it's inevitable, or when someone else decides and they don't have a say in it). I don't think that "I'll either have it my way or I won't have it at all" is particularly productive.

Let me redraft the Hellfish. The worst thing that can happen is that I'll be the odd team around for a while (no more than 15 games anyway) then I'll be just like everyone else.

If I want to fight windmills and I can't accept the redraft nature of the game, well, that's too bad. But telling me to retire them for good when there's a way to just let them stay? Why would anyone want that?

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I don't think that "I'll either have it my way or I won't have it at all" is particularly productive.

It is very productive. It means that you have more time to do something more to your liking. Mr. Green

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

it produces more pages!

I have retired all my old teams because it felt wrong, to me, to eventually benefit from old team's ease of build (in one direction, at least) alongside the new system, which is better in another direction

I'm interested, though, to see how others manage when the switch happens

Post 7 Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
I'm interested, though, to see how others manage when the switch happens

I will be redrafting. In fact I still have some LRB/CRP teams that will redraft.

* I will enjoy the lucky stat up I have as early skill on players rather than needing 18-20 SPP.
* There are some teams I would not want to play at 1000 TV but when I can redraft around 1200 TV with some skills I will happily take them (looking at you Nurgle and Necro)

ClayInfinity wrote:
Then, I read somewhere here that team names can now be re-used (I may be mistaken) so when the redraft comes in, I may simply reuse the name and create a new team.

As far as I know someone raised a thread asking and the answer was no. It is technically possible but still not allowed. If you can find a nice admin you may be able to get them rename your teams so you can then use the name again. Personally I would just redraft them. You do not have to keep any of the players you should still be better off than starting at 1000 TV again.

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:

*as an aside, I spent almost 2 hours on this post, scant words as they were.

Thank you. Great post and a lot to cover.

DF vs FF is a good call out when comparing TV. No more having a team cursed with Fan Factor.

[*]Many high TV teams currently on FUMBBL from old rulesets have players with accrued skills/SPP from mechanisms that are either removed or wholly against the spirit of modern BB

I recall playing a Khemri team with three Block Guardians and commenting how lucky he was only to be told they got them as normal skills in an older edition! Now I fully accept that my redrafted team will be making use of the same exploit those players are going on a 15-30 game clock at which point they are dead due to hiring cost rather than being able to, potentially, play dozens of games.

And lastly, I am fully aware that some of these decisions will have proven deleterious to the enjoyment of some on an individual basis no matter what the end outcome is. And I am sorry about that.

I miss black box but have been having some fun in leagues. I have even entered a couple of tournaments. Once we have redraft I may look at playing some more in C.

PainState wrote:
History of what? Are you talking about the "history" of your teams overall record? All of that pales into insignificances to the power of BB2020.

I am with Nelphine on this. I would like to be able to keep my Team Name and history all together. If we are going to get an option I will happily leave by B/R teams waiting for the promised day.

Until then onwards with new teams!

Lyracian.
Uber

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, miss next game is a terrible game mechanic which has been greatly exacerbated by the changes to the casualty table.

Taking "recovery" games is one of the most unfun thing in this game. It's bad enough that you get completely diced in some games, it doesn't need to get carried over to the next one. The addition of the freebooter rule had mostly solved that in previous edition, but now it almost feels like it's not enough for the new casualty rates.

I would prefer going back to previous SI/death rates, but if that's off the table I would settle for freebooter positionals if we're going to stick with such a high rate of MNGs.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MNG is up, but 'sack-needed' injuries and deaths are down. You can still take positionals Mercs if needed.

I think it's fine as it is. Less likely to lose a developed player permanently. I suppose it also discourages the redraft 'eggs in one basket' approach too. If you make a super carrier to compliment your relative rookie Orc team, then the fact they may go missing a bit is good in my mind
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

i love the miss next game mechanic. however, i'd really like to be allowed to roster up to 50% more of each position, and need to pick who is actually going to be in the next match so that each match you are limited to the amount shown. (shout out to cowhead for a league where you can do that). as an example, if you are lizardman, you can roster 9 saurii, but you can only have 6 of them for any given match. (and if you somehow end up with 4 mng, which does happen, well then you're out of luck and you might need to use mercs.)
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

What in da hell did I wander into? a group of 2ed players who loved the idea of having a team who could have up to 20 players and only 16 could be selected to play in the next match. That when you took a Serious injury to the eye it could be you miss 6 games +1d6?

Oh, this is just like my favorite fuzzy Dallas Cowboy blanket I put over my shoulders on a cold winter day in front of the fire watching NFL action.

The glory days of my TT blood bowl from 1989-1993 at Texas Tech...we had a awesome 2ED league.

Damn Iam old now.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

D6 is excessive. D3 is enough.

This isn't real world sport.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the real problem is the prohibitive cost of mercenaries. The extra 30K per merc is excessive when you're just trying to have your team at parity. Loner rookies aren't that great.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

yup agreed. i'd be fine with a 10k markup though.
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought that inducements were supposed to be good in this edition.

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

inducements are, mercs aren't. as always, there is no particular rhyme or reason with balance.
PainState

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2022 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, mercs are low cost star players...You can get a human lino merc with DP for 100K. You have a large enough gap to hire two of them onto your team...they can make a difference.

Journey men...well...they are just a stop gap for # of players..Mercs are a different beast.