66 coaches online • Server time: 22:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kam

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Grunmf!

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys ARE the GLN. I won't release an issue, but I've just (and by "just" I mean 2 weaks ago) recieved an email saying we may have a new issue one day...

Keep on with the suggestions. It may be published by someone more into that than me Wink

(And yeah, don't worry, I'm still into formatting and helping people)

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"For that *cough*throw-ra*cough* player who fails to pick up the ball ten consecutive times in a single game."

THAT is a hard badge to get. Cool, but too hard. The image has 4 fingers covered in butter. Presumably 8 fingers in total. (Khemri thumbs rot off first) I submit 8 failed pick-ups is perfect for that award.

Looking forward to seeing the final BB2020 set.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 22:35 Reply with quote Back to top

As a big fan of FUMBBL badges.

Check out my Buccaneers bio as and exampleBadges, yes we want badges

I would say that the "general" type of badges found in BB2016 are still relevant. Granted there are a lot of them and I have not gone over them with a afro pick to decide on what needs to be thrown out or added.

The "thing" is the team specific badges..I would say community support in ideas is very welcome for each roster. The big thing, IMO, is that 2 of them can be earned with a coach who is dedicated to his team and will earn them easily. 2 of them should be very specific badges to the roster that a coach has to actually make a effort to get...AKA,,4 chaos warriors with leap as an example. The final one a very difficult to just shy of impossible badge... Goblin kills a "Big Man" on a -3db kinda of thing.

Those are my thoughts.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm counting every pickup roll as a separate pickup attempt... so five turns of failed pickup for a player with surehands. It's easier to get in the rain, especially when your opponent runs down to your end of the field to make your life complicated. Wink (I know I had a necro vs khemri game in the rain that got messy... Hmm... it's not all from one team (there was only a streak of eight failed pickup rolls from a single (my) team)... but 14 consecutive failed pickup rolls, and two failed bounce catches mixed in there... in the first half of this game. I don't think anyone successfully held the ball at all in the first half.

Anyway, the current complete list is available, and I'm hoping to write something sufficiently amusing about it soon.

PainState

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I allways strived to achieve the Paul Hicks badge but for some reason...call me insane..i was trying to win and not foul.

One of these days I will get that damn badge. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I would say community support in ideas is very welcome for each roster. The big thing, IMO, is that 2 of them can be earned with a coach who is dedicated to his team and will earn them easily. 2 of them should be very specific badges to the roster that a coach has to actually make a effort to get...AKA,,4 chaos warriors with leap as an example.

I love it. I tried to mix up 'grinder' type badges, and lucky, and unusual roster choice badges. I'm all for more though. There's a few roster specific badges I didn't replace which I would have been more than happy to... and I'm not necessarily tied to a mere six per roster. Whatcha got?

PainState wrote:
The final one a very difficult to just shy of impossible badge... Goblin kills a "Big Man" on a -3db kinda of thing.

There's a Goblin roster badge for a goblin causing 50 CAS still.
Are you advocating for an opponent RIP on -3db block? (I'd probably categorize it for Lucky Git rather than Goblin though... so all those stunties which seem to get employment in every other team would be eligible too. Although anyone who gets a kill from a -3db block should be badge eligible... it's just the stunties are crazy enough to attempt it.)

razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And I'm still waiting for someone to be the first to claim the 'Larson-like' badges which now include Deflections.

razmus

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2022 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:
I have to say I allways strived to achieve the Paul Hicks badge but for some reason...call me insane..i was trying to win and not foul.

One of these days I will get that damn badge. Very Happy

For anyone playing at home... this is the Paul Hicks badge, for averaging twelve fouls a game over 20 games:Image And yep... it's still in there. Smile

razmus

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2022 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Box Trophy is back baby!

When I rebooted the badges for BB2020, I explicitly added a new category for the Competitive/Box Trophy, and to kick off that category... here's the first two for completing Box Trophy Season 6 with one and two squads:
ImageFinish the box trophy season six with a full squad.
ImageFinish the box trophy season six with more than one squad.

(And yes, they trigger my OCD on purpose too... the image chosen favors the home team.)

Thoughts on other Box Trophy badges which should be added?

C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2022 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Complete a Box Trophy Run with Snotlings without inducing Morg (or Hakflem)

Christer believes its possible to do 7 separate box runs with the current squad point setup. So big Badge for managing that
razmus

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

C0ddlefish wrote:
Complete a Box Trophy Run with Snotlings without inducing Morg (or Hakflem)

Image added for any Snotling team finishing a full season without hiring either of those monstro...er... those fine star players.

C0ddlefish wrote:
Christer believes its possible to do 7 separate box runs with the current squad point setup. So big Badge for managing that

Oooh... I'll try to work up something special for that.

Halfabrain

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:
I'm counting every pickup roll as a separate pickup attempt... so five turns of failed pickup for a player with surehands. It's easier to get in the rain, especially when your opponent runs down to your end of the field to make your life complicated. Wink (I know I had a necro vs khemri game in the rain that got messy... Hmm... it's not all from one team (there was only a streak of eight failed pickup rolls from a single (my) team)... but 14 consecutive failed pickup rolls, and two failed bounce catches mixed in there... in the first half of this game. I don't think anyone successfully held the ball at all in the first half.

Anyway, the current complete list is available, and I'm hoping to write something sufficiently amusing about it soon.

I'm sure I have a player who did that...
Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfabrain wrote:
razmus wrote:

I believe you tried to pick up the ball with a guy with No Hands, several turns in a row. It could be that you remember.

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Halfabrain wrote:
razmus wrote:

I believe you tried to pick up the ball with a guy with No Hands, several turns in a row. It could be that you remember.

Smartarse. That was with one of Meku's weird homebrew players. I'll admit I don't always read the small print.
 Jump to: