45 coaches online • Server time: 18:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rigolgm

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running a league and my opponent conceded before our game. So I applied the usual rules on page 97 that include winning 1-0, some cash, and 2 MVPs.

Then someone said to me "don't forget to get your 3PP for that touchdown".

But I don't think I do?

I'm 75% sure a no-show game still counts as a fixture, so you can still do the post-match stuff like deciding whether to spend treasury etc. (Because the rules say you do it after a "fixture"). It's make sense, otherwise you couldn't immeidatley spend the 2 MVPs you get etc.

The problem for me is the wording in the SPP section: "If your team was awarded any touchdowns as a result of the opposition conceding a game, as described on page 67, you may allocate each touchdown to a player of your choice and give them SPP acccordingly".

It says "as described on page 67" but the rules for no-shows aren't on that page, but ARE called "conceding".

So I'm a bit stuck.

What do you think?

I'm the league commissioner, so want to get it right.
crunchbunch

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2022 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm no expert but reading the book I think conceding because you can't play the game before the time limit to schedule has passed and conceding during the game are treated separately.

In this instance you get the 1-0, cash and 2 mvps but not the touchdown spp and the other player doesn't necessarily get the penalties that come with conceding - I think that is why they have added the 'gaming the system' point because it's not fair on the conceding player if they legit can't schedule the game because of real world commitments but clearly you don't want people just avoiding unfavourable match-ups without penalty.

Will be interested to see if there are any other commissioners comments and what they apply! Smile
 Jump to: