46 coaches online • Server time: 15:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dscore20

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2022 - 08:47 Reply with quote Back to top

The two things I want when GW finally makes a line of official Vampire teams:
1) bring back bloodlust BUT keep it mechanically the same as animal savagery except its always only a 2+.
2) a new vampire positional or two. All we have right now r thralls and vamps. Variety would be nice.

Here's my homebrewed roster/rulings I came up with for those interested in playtesting:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KXfqBaR6u5et-7m6YZiGmrtuILVyDhb2H36YLnInPX8/edit?usp=sharing

let me know what you think!

EDIT: couple people bring up a good point: 2+ bloodlust means eating thralls will happen more rarely... much too rare in fact. Changing it to a 3+

Last edited by Dscore20 on Jul 30, 2022 - 13:58; edited 2 times in total
sebco

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2022 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, both old rules (LRB then BB2016 Bloodlust) and new rules (new BB 2020 animal savagery) are interesting for vampire teams and both already have their fans. They encourage 2 really different ways of playing. I would like next vampire Spike magazine to make both (un)live. There would be a humanlike vampire team (with Bloodlust) and a strygo vampire team (with Animal savagery). Lovely miniatures could be created for these 2 different teams Strygo team could even have a Big Guy. Don't know what could add variety without unbalance humanlike vampire team.

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2022 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think your blood lust rule of 2+ for all actions, coupled with the 2+ hypno gaze would make them too powerful on defence. I think the 2020 rules of 4+ for move actions is a bit limiting... I would change that to be perhaps 3+
tussock

Post   Posted: Jul 30, 2022 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Vamps would be far too good with 2+ hypno and always moving. Just a normal turn would be gazing two cage corners, and the ball, and then hitting a no-skill ball carrier using block/strip.

The fact they have to eat 2-3 players to do that now is the only thing stopping them. If you've played against them when they make most of their 4+ rolls, it's a really good team with just Block on a few of them.