51 coaches online • Server time: 20:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently, in order to pick the teams I want to activate, I have to click on "Choose teams" and then the page with the list of all the teams I have appears, then I have to tick the boxes there to select/deselect the teams.

The idea: is it possible to have the selection tick boxes directly displayed near each team in the main GF page?

That would save the step of clicking on "Choose teams" and going to that page in order to select/deselect the teams.
I suggest this because I noticed that there is a Blackbox beta testing and being able to select/deselect the teams more easily at each draw would help. As Box user, I find very handy being able to select/deselect the teams I want to play at each draw, avoiding the clunky step of going to another page to do it.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Having it on a separate page solves a lot of problems. When you just have a few competitive teams it may seem unnecessary, but with dozens of teams and multiple leagues too, a separate page seems to work better.

The separate page is also now being used to allow changing of team modes Strict/Mixed/Open.

Adding checkboxes into the main team cards section is probably a bit more complex than it sounds, I think we’d have a few design / clarity / usability issues.

I do hope that we will get some suggestions to make it a bit smoother, as it’s not a straightforward task to have a unified Gamefinder and BlackBox interface.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I see. A dedicated BlackBox page, like the old one, would have been better for people like me only interested in the Box, but I understand the need of keeping everything unified.
Thanks for the reply!
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I get that from the programming POV it is challenging to merge the two into one.

I think the effort is worth it though and here is why.

Lets take out of the discussion coaches who only want to Pick or Schedule games (box).

Coaches like me who hit the GameFinder at 8:02 PM...missed the last activation of Scheduled games (SG for short?). I can then look to see who is on the GF for a Pick game...IF I see that SG is kicking off at 8:15 and 5 Coaches and 12 teams are set...I most likely will just activate for a SG at 8:13 so I can play some Blood Bowl. If I do not find a game "picking".

It gives ME that best shot at playing Blood Bowl. I do not care how I get the game, I just want a game. I understand some coaches do not look at it like I do and want it one way or the other. In the end, IMO, this will increase C level of play and make it more enjoyable for a larger group of coaches.

SO, keep working on it, I do appreciate it, and make both systems merged into one.

Side Note: The Box Trophy season was a huge success in the Box in years past and I understand there are a lot of coaches who want to see it return, so do I. I know there are some discussions on what happens if a Box Trophy team is scheduled against a foe who has also picked games. Well, I would say who cares. The Box Trophy team is recording a score because the game was a scheduled match. The other team, well, we do not care about him because he is not a box trophy member. Yet, a game was played, most likely fair in terms of TV.

Lets not overthink it...this is good....even for a meta league like Box Trophy.

Last edited by PainState on Aug 02, 2022 - 18:16; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Having a separate Black Box page would not be against the idea of merging GF and scheduler. Just, it would be more efficient for those people who are interested only in GF or Box, but not in both. I understand that this would require extra work, though, so, amen. Such is life, never perfect.
PainState

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Having a separate Black Box page would not be against the idea of merging GF and scheduler. Just, it would be more efficient for those people who are interested only in GF or Box, but not in both. I understand that this would require extra work, though, so, amen. Such is life, never perfect.

So, that is the rub...Iam not a GF or Box coach only. Iam jazzed about the idea of having both at my finger tips on one page.

We will see what the Dev team comes up with.

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2022 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

There could be a page with both GF + Box options, like now, and a separate page with the scheduler and tick boxes for Black Box teams only. That way you would not need to look for the Box and League teams, because in the Box page only the Box teams would be displayed.
If you don't like the Box fine, don't go to the Box page. If you don't like GF + Box you don't go there.
This would be more elegant.
 Jump to: