40 coaches online • Server time: 14:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
garyt1

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2022 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It should be clearer on the home page how to start a match. I was looking how to schedule a game or activate and it is not remotely clear. Bordering on deliberately hidden.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

But glad to see it is back.
I like the skill type selection skill too. Where it shows what options require more spp.

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 01:01
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I've identified and fixed a couple of possible causes for matches not auto-launching. It would be very helpful if those of you who participate in the Blackbox to let me know if it works or not.
JanekT

Post   Posted: Aug 08, 2022 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite a smooth process I found, and the game did indeed auto-launch for me (first time trying it, so cannot compare to pre-fix unfortunately)
iena

Post   Posted: Aug 10, 2022 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Christer

Worked for me!
Thanks
iena

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If I activate for a draw and dont get a game but leave the page open, it activate itself again on newt draw.

(that caused delay or no show, both to me and opponents)
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

iena wrote:
If I activate for a draw and dont get a game but leave the page open, it activate itself again on newt draw.

I just joined the last draw and failed to get a game, I was deactivated from Blackbox straight away. I checked with Christer and there are processes put in place to deactivate everyone once the draw has been made.

Please give it a test next time you fail to get a game, you should see that your teams become deactivated for Blackbox, and when Blackbox is open again, you have to rejoin for yourself.
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Great work! I'm always amazed how this site ist constantly evolving and improving, all driven by volunteers. I love it! Kudos! <3

If I understand correctly, right now if I create a [C]-Team, I can use Gamefinder oder Blackbox or both for finding opponents.

Concerning tournaments: Can and (if possible to say already) will there be tournaments that are limited to teams that only ever got their games through "strict mode", basically only playing Blackbox?

I am strongly considering the creation of new teams and getting back into the game a bit and since I do like Gamefinder, Blackbox AND tournaments (and carefully consider which team to thouww into which pot) while having very limited time at hand to start with, I would like to know if I have to take such things into consideration. Smile

(Safest way would probably be to only use the "strict" option right now.)

Edit: I've been absent for quite some time, maybe I missed out on some plans/roadmaps that are widely known - if so, I apologize!

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wooohooo Rabe \o/

Just re-create the Agility Monsters in C and start there Razz

Welcome back buddy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't get overly excited, my friend! But I am indeed afraid the temptation is too strong... Laughing

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2022 - 23:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The current policy for major tournaments is that they should be open for everyone who wants to join in, with any C team they wish. This is not something I'm planning to change.
Thresh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What are the rules in blackbox regarding inducements?

I remember a while ago there was a bug with inducements where the overdog could buy inducements and the underdog would receive nothing. I recently played a game, where I was below tv by 95k, and my opponent can buy a wizard? I got 3 prayers, which seem pretty sucky, so I was just curious as to the rules and if this was a bug.

Thanks!
Rabe

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
The current policy for major tournaments is that they should be open for everyone who wants to join in, with any C team they wish. This is not something I'm planning to change.

Awesome, thanks for the reply, Christer!

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Thresh wrote:
What are the rules in blackbox regarding inducements?

I remember a while ago there was a bug with inducements where the overdog could buy inducements and the underdog would receive nothing. I recently played a game, where I was below tv by 95k, and my opponent can buy a wizard? I got 3 prayers, which seem pretty sucky, so I was just curious as to the rules and if this was a bug.

Thanks!

Your opponent bought a Wizard with gold from his Treasury. That increased the TV gap and the game gave you 3 Prayers (every 50 TV difference = 1 Prayer) to compensate (and yes, Prayers suck and don't make up for the TV gap).
I guess you bought something, because with 95 + 150 = 245 TV you should have got 4 Prayers, not 3.
Anyway, it's not a bug, it's how the BB2020 Inducements system works.

As an aside, imho and from my particular perspective, I think that the Wizard is underpriced, he should cost 200k and the Treasury should be capped at 200k (without Expensive Mistakes).
Thresh

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2022 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok cool, thanks for the response. I think it is a little lame that if you are over someone in tv you can buy more inducements, but oh well.
 Jump to: