25 coaches online • Server time: 02:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 29, 2022 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Premise: I'm not a fan of GF and I don't think to use it, but I had this idea, maybe it could be good for those who like to play with GF:

Coach A and Coach B are on GF.
They would like to play each other (they could be close rank or good friends), but they can't agree about which teams use.

For example, coach A has

Amazons
Norse
Dwarfs
Chaos Dwarfs
Orcs

Coach B has

Dwarfs
Undead
Humans
Wood Elves
Khemri

So, they challenge each other (but without choosing the teams). Then the GF randomly (or by using some criteria, such as match-up and TV) picks the match-up.
That way no one can accuse the opponent of picking a easy match-up.
That would solve the common issue of wanting to play vs a coach (he could be even a close friend) but without managing to agree about the match-up.

The "burden" of picking the match-up would be on the GF system and nobody would feel picked by the opponent. Often (at least, in my experience) it's not a matter of playing vs a coach, but a matter of agreeing about which match-up to play. A possible requisite could be having at least 4 teams, or 4 different kinds of teams, for example.

Anyway, just an idea, probably not technically possible, but I wanted to share it anyway.
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2022 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

But there is this thing where you choose a squad of 4 different teams with different values and score points on table ?

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2022 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

No, that's the Box Trophy.
 Jump to: