30 coaches online • Server time: 18:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2022 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of times I don't waste other people's time, in terms of CR gain (this is getting repetitive).
I would have never used the GF, for me we could have kept the old Box (no need to make a new Box) and deleted the GF. I didn't choose to use the GF, I was forced to use it to try the BB2020 rules (otherwise I should have been waiting for 11 months). Don't put your blame on me! Razz What I do is but a consequence of site's choices.
Now that the Box is again up and running, I'm using only it. GF sucks.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2022 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Stop wanking Matt off.
Parasites shouldn't be encouraged.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2022 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
There is the Box, don't forget it. My rules were for GF only, but I don't play with GF anymore. You could activate in the Box and we could play. Also, you don't need to play vs me, there are other coaches with big teams, trust me. You could play for the sake of playing a high TV team before Season Re-Draft.
I have a MA 8 ST 5 Dwarf Runner, I never had such a freak in my BB career. You could build your freak too!

I don't really have that much time.

I don't like the new rules enough to make time.

I don't want to waste time grubbing about at low TV when I could just play a favourite old team. Smile

If I didn't have a favourite, old, big team, I could just clone one I'd created earlier. Mr. Green

OK, I admit it. I did create a new team for the World Cup but they gave us a nice package of skills like res.
And it is the World Cup.

It is also nice to play people that I've chatted to previously.

Anyway,

Seasons are coming.

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2022 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

so the problem here is that you don't consider winning only 0.01 CR worth your time. however, the SYSTEM does. Its saying 'hey, if you play 300 of these games, you should win 299 of them.'

that way, when you lose 3 points, you are perfectly balanced against the 299 0.01 wins.

You may not like it, but that is how the system works.

And, you SHOULD play against those players, because some of them may not be ranked correctly; and so if they are actually higher, then they need a big jump in order for the system to rank them correctly.

If you refuse to play against any of them, you are actually doing a disservice to the system and how it works. This is the same in other games - the idea is that you should simply never lose against those coaches. And if dice are strong enough that you do lose, then, the system HAS ranked you too high.

By being afraid of these games, you are actually saying 'i should not be ranked this high, as I cannot reasonably expect to win 299 out of 300 games against these coaches; but my current CR says that is how good I am'.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2022 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

He doesn't care about the system, the other players, the community or anything else.
The CR number on his coach page is the alpha and omega of his line of thought, and in themselves they justify any request, any complaint, any behaviour and any mean.

You are literally talking to the wind if you don't understand this. And if you do, you might barf in disgust but there's nothing you can do anyway.
You can't ask a leech not to suck blood. That's what it exists for. All you can do is point it out every single time so that other people get the memo.

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2022 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that a filter for coach ranking is something that fits C teams not in strict mode where you already have some filters.

Black Box is simply better the more opaque it is (on the user's end) - select teams and see who you are paired with - simple.

No comment on CR, I can't say I know enough about ranking systems to offer much there.

Last edited by Rbthma on Sep 01, 2022 - 00:56; edited 2 times in total
mmeier

Post 14 Posted: Sep 01, 2022 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
maybe other people don't want to waste an hour, too
mmeier

Post 14 Posted: Sep 01, 2022 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
no matter the CR gain, playing you is still a waste of an hour

let's see how many edits it takes to reply to this one
mmeier

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2022 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

waste,wasted,matt
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2022 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

is it possible to make a [M]att division and throw all of his teams there?
asking for a friend

Christer

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2022 - 13:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This doesn't need to keep going for obvious reasons. Locked.
 Jump to: