41 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2022 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

And as they say, "There are lies, damned lies..." Twisted Evil

Exactly! I wanted to filter out the cloud of 0/0/1s by looking at win rates by 100k TV chunks.

Got a hunch that it might change perspectives. But then again hunches are sometimes wrong.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
MattDakka wrote:
That said, I'd like to see the various Vampire coaches' match records only from game played in the Box, to remove the picking factor from the data.

Stop implying over and over that those who don't play box are pickers. That is both false and dismissive.

Oh, and by the way, this is a screenshot of your coach page, so I'm not exactly exaggerating or making up things:

There.

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2022 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

my advice for playing vampires is:
roll randomly and pray.
to quote a wise man "the average minimum win% is 30"
so even if you win 2 out of 5 games, congrats you arent worst Smile
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2022 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

My records:

0/0/7 lol
Alien_the_Alien

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2022 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ohwatch wrote:
I's very good to update often the game but this "time" is missed thought.

They didn't really update vampires. They kept them playable in the list "teams of legend", replacing a trait that now doesn't exist (Bloodlust) with what they thought was the closest equivalent.

When vampires get re-released, they'll be properly updated. Probably with at least one more positional (since they are the only team left with only two player profiles).
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2022 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

0/0/8
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2022 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

3/0/13

I don't find them as fun as previous vampire rulesets were. Yes they are more reliable, but they are still - too chaotic. Previously they were chaotic fun, now chaotic boring. The new hypnotc gaze is nice in theory - but until you get skills on the thralls and the vamps that actually break armor consistently ... you suffer double from your own team and the opponent. Knocking something over is nice, but if you mainly cause attrition your own way, you'll just lose.

If biting would be limited to k.o.s and Badly hurts it wouldn't be quite as bad. But the serious injuries (and worse) just build up over time.

In a 15 game season ... I just can't see them ever skill up far enough to be anything but chaotic boring and frustrating. And I like other unreliable teams, like ogres, flings, snots, gobbos etc. With them the chaos is dialed up so high that ttms, all the weapons etc. make it so unpredictable it's clear you are just in it for the blast of it all.

Vamps as are - are too much nothing of anything really. Which is just frustrating.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

With vamps you have 3 options:

a) Use the vamps sparingly. This means, unlike other teams you use your best players the least, relying on 6-8 thralls to do the bulk of the work. Clearly 8 thralls isn't gonna be much good against most 11 man teams.

b) Make sure you don't have players adjacent when activating vamps. This will avoid harming your own players, but often leave vamps stood on their own with no tackle zones leaving big gaps and will also make positioning your players sub-optimal.

c) Utilise your thralls (or other vamps) to ensure your vamps can do what you want every turn. Clearly, with AV 8+ (or 9+ vamps) that is quickly gonna result in you being down players. Even just knocking down a player after it has moved (which may sometimes be necessary) means you have 1 less player in your opponents next turn. Considering the main benefit is vamps can hypno stuff, to reduce tackle zones on the pitch for one turn, is it worth a 50% chance of remove a tackle zone on your team for 1 turn, drive or even the rest of the game?

Obviously, the best strategy is a mix of the 3, but that is simply balancing your disadvantage and the stats speak for themselves.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 03:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Only thralls is better i think.
panalukidis

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i'm 5/5/14 with a vamp dying at least 1 in 2 games XD definitely not a team for people who get frustrated easily, but i'm bad and still learning them so i guess getting murdered is to be expected
Jaskier

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

in tabletop in tournaments i am 27/4/4, vampires are very playable, and hypnotic gaze is the best skill in BB2020, just needed to shift playstyle from old vamps to new one, new vampires are different team, but they can be very strong when played well and with a load of patience and nerves of steel
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Jaskier wrote:
in tabletop in tournaments i am 27/4/4, vampires are very playable, and hypnotic gaze is the best skill in BB2020, just needed to shift playstyle from old vamps to new one, new vampires are different team, but they can be very strong when played well and with a load of patience and nerves of steel

In tournaments you are very low tier, so you have more skill, so you basically you always play with the higher tv and no inducements to counterbalance that.
Also, you start with skilled vamps.
Also, you have tv 1150 or 1200 in tournaments so you have more rerolls.
Also, I guess you play no progression in tournaments, which means you can try risky plays with vampires and basically dont care about money or them dying.
Tv1000 vamps are hard.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2022 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

First draw... First points, YES!
Java

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2022 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I would suggest checking out Elyod's and Storr's RRR runs with vamps

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2022 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
I would suggest checking out Elyod's and Storr's RRR runs with vamps

How do they compare with Elyod's & Storr's runs with other races?