29 coaches online • Server time: 09:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Nelphine

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

no, it also ends at the end of the drive.
Foad

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
no, it also ends at the end of the drive.

Not as per the FUMBBL documentation.

Can we maybe get this updated?

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Foad wrote:
Can we maybe get this updated?

That’s updated now, it is a wiki so anyone can make changes.
Foad

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

HimalayaP1C7 wrote:
That’s updated now, it is a wiki so anyone can make changes.

I've learned something today Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 18:42
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Could the Wiz icon be coloured differently without taking up a different icon spot?

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggested the colour change only as well on page 1. Not possible, according to Candeleajck.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The issue is if we have different icons (be it color or otherwise) then it is taking up it's own slot to display.

These are limited by the current dimensions so I tried to save space as I am sure there will be more inducements coming up with new teams etc.

Things we could do are:
- make the sidebars larger, which would make the window as a whole larger and thus give issues for people with low resolution displays

- make the icons smaller, which is also a potential issue for some people as the icons might be too small to recognize

- have separate icons if there is enough space and only combine them if necessary. That might also be a bit confusing as it would not be obvious when what icons are displayed. Plus the way this is coded it is far from trivial to make this adjustment.

So I went with the current approach to start with. In the end you have to pay attention to the game log and check the icons as it will be very hard if not impossible to make every inducement/state to stand out visually without overloading things.

I am not saying this will never change but it is nothing I can just adjust on the go and as described above all ideas I had so far have some drawbacks. Maybe there is another way to solve this though.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:

- make the sidebars larger, which would make the window as a whole larger and thus give issues for people with low resolution displays

For people with low resolution, I thought the issue was always the height of the window. Making it wider shouldn't be an issue, but I'm assuming everyone has a 16:9 ratio screen, not sure if you can assume that. Or maybe you mean there are some constraints that means the height would have to increase too.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't want to assume much, but I know that some people can fit the client exactly on their screen.

In any case making the window larger in any way is bound to cause issues for some people. The interesting info would be how many that are.

Making the sidebar wider would also make it necessary to rework the dugout as there is already quite some dead space on the right.

In the end the client was not built with this kind of flexibility in mind making all sorts of changes harder than one would think.

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2022 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
- have separate icons if there is enough space and only combine them if necessary. That might also be a bit confusing as it would not be obvious when what icons are displayed. Plus the way this is coded it is far from trivial to make this adjustment.

I like that approach, but appreciate it's more work. Would it be possible to have separate icons for each and if they overflow show the less important ones only if you hoover over or click perhaps?