35 coaches online • Server time: 18:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2022 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently the BB2020 Team Rosters and Racial Strategies help page (https://fumbbl.com/help:BB20RaceStrategy) has got roster details and recommended builds for all 28 teams. So lots of really good work has already been done. However 18 (edit: now down to 9) don’t have Skill Choices and/or Strategy pages (both in most cases).

If there are any wise coaches with time to contribute to one of these pages I think it would be really appreciated.

In my opinion the info for each could be quite short and aimed at newer coaches, but I appreciate that even this is quite a bit of work to get done.

If you do fancy making an update and haven’t edited one of the help pages before, it’s a wiki so anyone logged in can edit, just take care and use the Preview button before you save your changes. Pages that don’t exist yet have a little question mark next to them, click that to get to the edit page. To edit one that does exist, visit the page and look for the edit link at the end of the page. There is some help about how to format your document on each edit page (you can also look at other pages to see how they’ve done it). If it’s just the slightly weird wiki syntax that is preventing you from contributing, I’m sure you could just make your updates and ask if someone else can fix the formatting for you.

Teams with missing pages:
Amazon
Chaos Dwarf [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Chaos Renegade
Dark Elf [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Dwarf [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Halfling
Lizardmen [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Necromantic Horror [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Norse
Old World Alliance
Shambling Undead [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Skaven
Snotling [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Tomb Kings [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]
Underworld Denizens
Vampire
Wood Elf [edit: Very Happy skills page just added]

Last edited by HimalayaP1C7 on Dec 03, 2022 - 09:57; edited 7 times in total
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2022 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, didn't know you could edit that. I corrected a HUGE mistake on human catcher since Sneaky Git/DP was missing as recommended Primary Skills.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2022 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

For skill choices, we now don't need to specify different paths for Primary and Secondary like it used to for Normal and Doubles - because coaches can now choose to take Selected skill or Random skill or a Stat

So instead, should there be just (1 or 2) development paths for each positional?

-- Anyway I've done a preliminary version of skills for Lizardmen, Undead, Necro. as well as half of Dark Elf

Last edited by Sp00keh on Sep 22, 2022 - 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 22, 2022 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of the Strategy pages have old info copied from previous 2016 versions that's not always relevant

Some of the more comprehensive Strategy pages include skill progressions which overlaps with the Skill pages, and recommended starting teams which overlaps with the Starting Roster pages
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2022 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Lots of skills pages just added (thanks Sp00keh and Tussock, maybe others I missed too, sorry).

If anyone feels like contributing some skill choice wisdom for newer coaches, the following races still don’t have a skills page.

Amazon (wait for new roster)
Chaos Dwarf
Chaos Renegade
Halfling
Norse
Old World Alliance
Skaven
Underworld Denizens
Vampire
Wood Elf

Many more don’t have a strategy guide, but I’d guess those are way harder to write. Maybe some more generic strategy guides could be written that cover a number of teams, just a thought.
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2022 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to nag. Making another appeal for skill choices pages.

Feel free to reply here with content and I’ll update the wiki page if that’s easier.

Can anyone contribute for any of these 3?

Norse
Skaven
Wood Elves
HimalayaP1C7

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2022 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Forgot to add, the 2016 pages are no longer on the main help page, but they are linked at the end of the 2020 teams page.

Direct link for 2016 old rules:
https://fumbbl.com/help:LRB6RaceStrategy
fabik

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Fling is easy:
1- Swarm isolated opponents, block and foul bloodly. (sent off fling is still alive for next match!)
2- Flee from every takle zone
Try to score every time as soon as possible. Stalling means dead flings!

"Dho!"
Java

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2022 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Great job everyone. Really liked the fact that now recommended skills include which players are best suited for which kinds of randoms.

Just remember not to put in the wiki actual copyrighted game rules, or rewordings/summaries. There are reasons why FUMBBL does not have a page where wrestle or the kick off table are explained.

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if this is the right place for this, put is there room for skill suggestions for specific player builds?

I a not the highest level Shambling Undead player, but I have definitely seen folks other than myself building ghouls for attack (with their high MA) Strip Ball is certainly not an insane skill choice, but goes on a specific track. Block-Strip ball-leap could be quite the player, but not exactly the path for all ghouls.

Is there room for an "Or" or "one could go this way" option in some spots like that?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I like having the first ghoul go 'block stat stat stat'

The second ghoul goes wrestle tackle

The third ghoul goes block sidestep frenzy

I dont use a fourth, and the second and third usually die before their second skill.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, but the suggestion in the help file is build only as ball carrier (Block, Sidestep, Sure Hands)

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure it could be more detailed, but how much detail is useful, and how much is saturation?

I guess, what I mean is, does my description above help? Would that be useful? I dont mind editing a few teams.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

About Block, Side Step, Sure Hands Ghoul vs Block stat, stat, stat Ghoul: both are right builds. The important factor is Season length. With short Season aiming to Block, Side Step, Sure Hands makes sense, while with long Season you have more games to build a stat freak Ghoul (and less often Re-Draft) and makes sense to aim to stats.
So, in the guide there could be build variants for short Season and long Season.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2023 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that might be a fair division.

Even a link to "other things to consider" for various teams to list some functional but non-standard choices