38 coaches online • Server time: 13:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. probably missed that in the 15 pages so far.

Actually, if you lined up in the actual Endzone would they be able to score then?

12 squares to the hit, so it's not possible right?

Unless they get the KO event to allow them to move 1 square
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ma 7 + two ma+ skills = 9 squares

With Sprint = 12 Squares
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can you do this after the first block of a Frenzy attack? Blitz, pow, follow, move away?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Right, but you need 13 right?

7 + Ma + Ma + Sprint = 12 + 1 from Hit & Run but if you set up in the endzone the Blitzer can only reach those players before running out of movement and can't actually hit you to follow up/Hit and Run.

Unless you get Quick Snap......

You could gain the H&R movement on the LOS in this circumstance but then you'd need to dodge into tacklezones for the score
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Hit and Run is a bonus movement, after the block - which to me sounds like it doesn't "cost" a movement.

So with that --> 13?

Someone HAS to be on the LOS - that's where you get the movement.

And yes, with a dodge into tacklezones. With dodge skill.

Or you could leap into them?
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Frenzy may help making the H&R gap certainly....may also mean you don't need the knockdown any more
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

@Mnemon exactly, I read it as a bonus free square of movement
So MV7 +MV +MV = 9, then HnR Rush Rush Sprint = 13 total

1turner doesn't need to start in contact on the LOS, so you don't need to dodge into tacklezones or Leap
If there's a full screen, they'll blitz that, probably un-assisted

@C0ddlefish Frenzy is a good point, it'd mean you don't need the removal.
But, you would need a Push on the first block, and then Push, Pow, or PowPush on the second block
And these are likely to be 1dices

I think HnR pairs well with Frenzy, it lets you avoid a counter-surf, lets you opt out of the 2nd block, etc
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
@Mnemon exactly, I read it as a bonus free square of movement
So MV7 +MV +MV = 9, then HnR Rush Rush Sprint = 13 total

The scenario is opponent places three players on the LOS - everyone else standing in the endzone.

So there's no one to do a HnR movement off in between LOS and getting in contact with the players 12 squares away.

[This might not be true, below, and coddlefish might be right - in that ... you need one left over movement for the actual blitz.

If they are spaced out badly you can blitz one of the st3 (or less) players - without sidestep or stand firm - head on in the endzone, crowdsurf that one, and then do the HNR movement. The only way not to stand next to a (prone or not) player after the block, which is necessary for the HnR movement.

If all st3 ones have a backup partner you can't rush straight in, crowd push, and then use HnR to follow up. That is: you'd need to go for a 2db opponents choice against a solitary st4+ player to get the head on crowd push and HnR movement.]

So the only other way is to get the HnR movement of the LOS - which means no ability to block a player on the opposing endzone for the HnR --> need to dodge in for the score.

A crowdpush setup to move the HnR player forward one step from the LOS is unlikely ... you can't use a blitz, and I can't imagine how that'd work in a single turn.

Quote:
I think HnR pairs well with Frenzy, it lets you avoid a counter-surf, lets you opt out of the 2nd block, etc

There'll probably be a follow up clarification. I'd guess you have to Frenzy, and only then are allowed to HnR move.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, yes if the screen is in the endzone, you won't have enough reach to make the blitz. you'd be able to travel 12, but to make the blitz you'd need the 13th square which you don't get yet.
You need one square to make the hit

So as you say, that'd probably mean your team blocking some of the LOS guys to make a gap so you can HnR on the LOS, and then attempting to dodge into 2 tacklezones in the endzone

(But if you're doing that, probably better to engineer a single chainpush for your blitzer anyway)

"head on in the endzone, crowdsurf that one, and then do the HNR movement"
But once you've surfed, you would follow up into the endzone and then score, without using HnR..?

"There'll probably be a follow up clarification. I'd guess you have to Frenzy, and only then are allowed to HnR move."
The 2 rules do seem to be in opposition:

Frenzy says: on every Block action they must follow on a Push, and then must perform a second Block on the same target

HnR says: after a Block action they may immediately move one free square

Block says: nominate a player they are Marking and target them with a Block action

My reading would be: 'must follow', then 'may immediately move', and then can't make the second block because they're no longer Marking... but yea there'll hopefully be a FAQ for this
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Or maybe its not extra move and its not after follow ?

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:

Frenzy says: on every Block action they must follow on a Push, and then must perform a second Block on the same target

HnR says: after a Block action they may immediately move one free square

Block says: nominate a player they are Marking and target them with a Block action

For me must overrules may.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a question of timing. If you must follow on a push, and then you make a second block action... they changed the definition of the word "action" which was a Thing They Must Not Touch, and now it's confusing as to what happens when.

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a question of semantics and what makes sense. Frenzy sounds very much like a must. No may involved.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, the problem is: you could also say that 'immediately' overrules 'after'
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2022 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

may is a qualifier for immediately. It's not must immediately.
 Jump to: