42 coaches online • Server time: 15:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Got yer (ELF) ears on?
Ten-four good buddy! On my way.
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
Ten-one, [i]<<squuuiii>>[/i] not reading yo[i]<<sqiiiuu>>[/i]
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Ten-thirty-eight, ELF down. ELF DOWN!!
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Ten-three, Hush you.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Ten-pi, Irrational treat consumption.
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2022 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to Forever Born, our Season 76 grand champions! The also came away with two of the five category wins, and the Red Badge of Courage.

Snoop Doggs was a fairly close second place finisher, also taking away the other three categories and splitting the top TD and CAS award with Forever Born.

Those two teams were the only two which completed their cycle!

Avelorn Apple Blossoms finished in an awesome third place.

------
See the complete award listing for season 76

Season 77 has already begun! Which ELF team will take the title come the New Years Day? It could be you!
And here, normally there'd be a long explaination of scoring and tallying the score... blah blah blah. Rules in the group page. The bot takes care of all that now and it's pretty good at maths, it just wants to see more elves on the pitch.

Get out there and play some Elf Ball! (URL to the group is at the top of this post. Smile )

razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2022 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Support for league division using the standard 2020 rosters and Secret League 2020 rosters has been added to E.L.F. II.
Badges have been added to the final report for the top non-competitive division team:
Image Image (The winner of that division will get to choose which of the two to display on their profile.)

grant85

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2022 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

thrilled to see the return of ELF. I had a lot of fun in the old group & am having a nice start with this seasons run.
cheers
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2022 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Was the old E.L.F woodies only or does my memory fail me? Anyway gotta join this new one!

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2022 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Jopotzuki wrote:
Was the old E.L.F woodies only or does my memory fail me? Anyway gotta join this new one!

If there was a time the old E.L.F. was woodies only, it predates me. On the records part of the page, it lists the following grand champions by race:
old E.L.F. page wrote:
Wood - 31 1/2
Pro - 17 1/2
Dark - 16 1/2
High - 9 1/2

grant85 wrote:
thrilled to see the return of ELF. I had a lot of fun in the old group & am having a nice start with this seasons run.

Yes. Yes you are! Having passed last season's grand champions, you're currently in FIRST PLACE!
razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2022 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

And grant85's team is the first to complete the cycle this season!

I got some help (thank you HimalayaP1C7 and Christer!), and the bot is now capturing which games are coming from blackbox or gamefinder, so in the Jan-Feb 2023 season, there will be first, second, and third awards for teams who only play game during the season in the blackbox!

And the ELF II group page has gotten an upgrade so that it is less busy and intimidating.

There's still a month and a half for teams to attempt to complete their cycle THIS season.

grant85

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2022 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

group page looks great!thanks for your hard work.
Valen

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Are the SL Elf teams (Half Elf, witch elf, etc) eligible for the ELF II?

Also, is there going to be a discord channel for the league for general elven chit chat Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Valen wrote:
Are the SL Elf teams (Half Elf, witch elf, etc) eligible for the ELF II?

(If I didn't miss anything in my code) these are now the defined Elf teams for purposes of ELF II: Dark Elf, Elf Union, High Elf, Wood Elf, Avelorn, Black Ark, Half-Elf, Isha, Khainite Assassins, Kurnous, Sea Elf, Witch Elf

Quote:
Also, is there going to be a discord channel for the league for general elven chit chat Smile

Good idea, and I hate to proliferate additional servers...
The E.L.F. II discord channel on the FUMBBL Leagues server.

Valen

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, joined the discord and created some SL teams Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 20:31 Reply with quote Back to top

And our reigning Grand Champions have slipped to third place, as Carthage's Dude Elves put together a very strong showing in their first half dozen games... catapulting them into second place.

Forever Born does redeem themselves some with a very strong (and expensive) showing, giving them an extremely favourable stunty score.

The full list of Elfy Elves for season 77 are available.

razmus

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2022 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And Mnemon joins me as I believe we post the first two Secret League roster scores in the current E.L.F. II season. Five weeks left in the season!

The Black Box awards have been added to the Awards list in preparation for the Box-exclusive elfies to earn NEXT (Jan-Feb 2023) season.

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
E (Humans & Stunties): Clan Moulder, Dust Goblin, Forest Goblin, Forest Halflings, Giant, Gnoblar, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Minotaur, Nautican, Night Goblin, Ninja Flings, Ogre, Ogre Kingdom, Skink, Snotling, Squig, Treemen, Troll, Amazon, Black Orc, Humans, Imperial Nobility, Lizardmen, Norse, Old World Alliance, Underworld Denizens, Albion, Araby, Big 'Uns, Border Princes, Bretonnian, Clan Pestilens, Cathay, Clan Mors, Clan Skryre, Cult of Ulric, Dryad, Elemental - Air, Elemental - Earth, Elemental - Fire, Elemental - Water, Estalia, Half-Orc, Hobgoblin, Kingdom of Ind, Kislev, Lumbria, Myrmidia, Norse Dwarf, Northern Nippon, Pirates of Sartosa, Simyin, Sisters of Sigmar, Tilea, Valkyrie, Were, Witch Hunter

I think - after playing a bit - that Secret League probably needs at least one more category.

The Human / Stunties one is too big?

I'd kinda split it up in Humans - and then separate stunties?

But ... hunch - simply as I feel the majority of SL teams are probably in that category, and very few of the other teams actually are around?

Bretonnian as an example - feel a bit more plug and play, then many other rosters in there, too? Same with - say - Norse Dwarf.

Simyin would probably better fit into "Better with age"? Were, maybe, too.

I dunno - is a hard debate, but - the weight on Category E is pretty heavy. I think it'd be easier and fairer if the categories are, roughly, of equalish size?
razmus

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Right towards the end of the run of the original E.L.F., I believe there was a lot of discussion of changes of the categories. When I took a stab at trying to restart it, there was brief discussion of trying to break it out again.

I kinda interpreted the Plug and Play as the rosters Elves would have the most trouble with, thus the double value. Neither Bretonnians nor Norse Dwarf really triggered that in me. Norse dwarves certainly play much more Norse than Dwarf.... and Brettonians felt like Norse with less block - leaning into better valkyries.

And I can definitely see the argument to put Simyin in Better with age, if the Gorillas had G access. As it stands, I haven't seen older Simyin teams really get better... :-/ (They start okay, and get worse compared to other teams.)

"Easier and fairer"? When have elves ever taken the easy path? Wink

But I did drop teams into categories relatively quickly. The (Human) vs (Stunties and everyone else) I can see. I think that works for both SL20 and BB20 rosters. I'm adding the separate Blackbox awards/category with Season 78 (Jan/Feb 23). What would you (and others) think of breaking apart Cat E into Cat E (Humans) and Cat F (Stunties and everyone else) in Season 79 (Mar/Apr 23)?

Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 02, 2022 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I am happy with near any solution - I just feel - and as with any of my things I say I might be wrong - that spreading it out more helps.

And with a moment thought:
I think it is the category name that is too undefined.

"Humans" means nothing game play wise. While "plug and play" or "better with age" makes it clearer what belongs in that pot.

At the moments "Humans" just seems to mean anything that is "other", but not "stunty". Same maybe with "groans and moans".

So ... the question behind that really is what are the categories for? They are partially difficulty, partially arbitrary? Smile
 Jump to: