46 coaches online • Server time: 13:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everybody!

With PA 3+, what is the required D6 roll to throw a successful Hail Mary Pass further than Long Bomb range?

Also, if the Hail Mary Pass is failed, is the ball just Fumbled or there is the risk of Wildly Inaccurate?

Thanks in advance!
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty sure it's exactly the same as a long bomb except a 6 is just inaccurate rather than accurate
Ffoley

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

so natural 1 = fumble
2,3,4 = wild
5,6 = inaccurate
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! I have a DE Runner who randomly got Hail Mary Pass and I want to try it.
Carthage

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Its bad Smile
A 5+ or is going to get thrown behind you.
Hoping they FAQ wildly inaccurate to use the throw in/B+C template. Pick a sideline or endzone, use the D6 to determine the angle and 2D6 for distance just like a crowd throw-in.
Gives teams back an option to 'punt' the ball while still being more punishing than just the 3d8 scatter. Also fits fluff more because, regardless of how bad someone is at throwing, having a decent odds of throwing the ball directly backwards 50 yards is very... weird.

All that to say, they should also FAQ that you can't wildly inaccurate a HMP in my opinion. such a weird niche skill that, even with that, isn't great but with the current rules, is arguably a bottom 3 skill in the game.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2022 - 17:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you are right. As I said, I got it randomly, I didn't choose it.
Personally, I'd like Wildly Inaccurate as a D6 scatter from target player with normal passes, and D3 + 3 from target player/square if you used Hail Mary Pass.
Pass skill should reduce the Wildly Inaccurate scatter from D6 to D3 in case of normal pass and to D6 with Hail Mary Pass.
If a player has Pass he's supposed to throw the ball without super catastrophic Wildly Inaccurate failures.
A Skeleton making a Wildly Inaccurate makes sense, but an Elven Thrower should not fail so big.
 Jump to: