36 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the worst positional in the game?
Amazon - Python Warrior Thrower
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Chaos Renegade - Renegade Skaven
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Chaos Renegade - Renegade Thrower
15%
 15%  [ 22 ]
Dark Elf - Assassin
16%
 16%  [ 23 ]
Dwarf - Troll Slayer
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
High Elf - Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Imperial - Imperial Throwers
13%
 13%  [ 19 ]
Lizardmen - Chameleon Skink
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
OWA - Old World Human Thrower
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
OWA - Old World Dwarf Blockers
25%
 25%  [ 36 ]
Wood Elf - Thrower
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Orc - Thrower
11%
 11%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 142

JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Any 3+ Thrower is a mediocre to bad player. Except the Orc Thrower, he's worse than that. MA5 on a ball carrier? Bad. AV9+ on an all AV10+ team? Bad. Animosity? Bad. You're better off just taking random General skills on Goblins and Linemen, and if somebody rolls Sure Hands, he's better than the Thrower already, for less TV. I got an Orc team with about 12 games, and their carrier is a Lineman who rolled Sure Hands and leveled into +MA. Now, he's +MA, +AV, and no Animosity (except to the Goblin) vs an Orc Thrower, in exchange for Pass, +PA, P access, and 15k TV. I'll take that any day.

The Imperial Nobility are loaded with pretty decent players at outrageous prices. The Noble Blitzer is worth 5k more than a Human Blitzer, possibly 10k if you're willing to pretend that AG/S is the equal to GS/A. He's 20k more than a Human Blitzer. Maybe you can make it up on your Bodyguards? Nope, they're less egregious, but that's all you get. How about the Thro...hahaha, nm. Ogre is Ogre. Oh, and the Imperial Peasant Linemen are bad players and mediocre values.

Oh, and Nelphine's wrong about Humans. Since all these silly new teams with bargain-bin and compromised Linemen have come out, Human Linemen have started to float to the top of the basic-player pool, still not Beastmen or Amazons, but on the next tier down. I'd say the weakest player/value on the team is probably the Ogre or the Halfling Hopeful. Ogre's overpriced but has a good role, Halfling is a cheap gimmick, but the quality and value of the Linemen and the team's OTS potential through chaining both kind of rob the 'Fling of some of his luster.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm surprised high elf thrower isnt getting more hate. Soooo grossly overpriced!

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess because the HE Thrower, albeit overpriced, still has some uses. I managed to score in hard situations thanks to him.
The other HE players with BB2020 ruleset are not good at passing anymore.
So, he's overpriced for sure, but he provides a passing plan B. Without Cloud Burster and cheaper he would be for sure better, cost/effect-wise.

Last edited by MattDakka on Jan 28, 2023 - 20:05; edited 1 time in total
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood Elf and High Elf Throwers should just be 5k cheaper. That's not good but it doesn't make me laugh and ditch the player out of hand. Most of the 3+ passers are a lot worse. In fact, I think the best 3+ PA players are the ones who don't have to pass to be useful, like the Amazon and the Valkyrie (though the latter is also overpriced). Humans, Skaven, Elven Union, Undies, that's the top tier for Throwers. Wood and High Elf Throwers come after that, if you ask me.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The Valkyrie would be better without Strip Ball and either Block, Dodge or Sure Hands, as an aside.
Catch and Pass can be useful but the Valkyrie would benefit from more commonly useful skills, or just no Catch, Pass and Strip Ball, but cheaper. Sure Hands would be used almost in every game, unlike Catch, Pass and Strip Ball. Dauntless without either Block or Wrestle is less useful as well.
A bit like the Slann Blitzer, she makes me think of a Swiss Army Knife with many tools but the knife.
Kinks

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Before opening the thread the first positional that jumped to mind was the Norse Blitzer. Having read the list I'd still say he's worse than them. Also, Minotaur's! Finally the doomdiver! I don't think I've ever seen anyone use one in BB20.

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a DoomDiver! (that might not be an endorsement, though)

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2023 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Before opening the thread the first positional that jumped to mind was the Norse Blitzer. Having read the list I'd still say he's worse than them. Also, Minotaur's! Finally the doomdiver! I don't think I've ever seen anyone use one in BB20.

Haha, just clicked on this thread straight after one scored twice on me by getting thrown to deny me a win. I love stuff like that. Nuffle not satisfied with making that happen, needed me to read that on top - beautiful Smile
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:

Yeah i left stuntys and big guys out for another thread. I mentioned this in the op.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I see. I was that outraged Norse Blitzers aren't on the poll I missed that.

Interesting OWA - Old World Dwarf Blockers have the most votes. I have to say, they stood out to me as the worst players on the list. However, every OWA team has 2 of them. I think there is a clear distinction between "worst" and least useful.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i think my top 5 worst players would be (not necessarily in order)

OWA Dwarf Runner (this one is absolute worst)

Doom Diver (I forgot this one existed)
Enslaved Minotaur
Orc Thrower
Pact Thrower

(Things like an OWA dwarf blocker are miles better than these players)
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 03:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Imperial Lineman.

It's just, lots of teams with overpriced positions exist, they just need a cheap and functional lineman. Zombies, Norse Linos, each make their teams good. Imperials are the same, overpriced positions, but the Lineman is both dysfunctional and overpriced.

Worst player in the game, wrecks the team, can't play without them.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Imperial Lineman.

Is a lino a positional?

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 04:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Did we stop with the pie?
tussock

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2023 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
tussock wrote:
Imperial Lineman.

Is a lino a positional?

Sure. None of the ones in the poll matter because you don't even have to take them (also some of them are quite good).

Like, you might argue the imperial thrower is a trap that steals spp from your blitzers, which it is, but the blitzers do have catch and it's not completely useless in some cases, and even if you take one it's only 30k over a lino, random P and replace the rubbish rolls, not a total disaster, 40k leader on 3spp maybe.

But the imperial linemen you have to take, and they are awful.