54 coaches online • Server time: 20:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who is the worst positional in the game?
Amazon - Python Warrior Thrower
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Chaos Renegade - Renegade Skaven
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Chaos Renegade - Renegade Thrower
15%
 15%  [ 22 ]
Dark Elf - Assassin
16%
 16%  [ 23 ]
Dwarf - Troll Slayer
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
High Elf - Thrower
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Imperial - Imperial Throwers
13%
 13%  [ 19 ]
Lizardmen - Chameleon Skink
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
OWA - Old World Human Thrower
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
OWA - Old World Dwarf Blockers
25%
 25%  [ 36 ]
Wood Elf - Thrower
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Orc - Thrower
11%
 11%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 142

Garion26

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2023 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's the old heelenhammer interview I believe I was thinking of
https://heelanhammer.com/ep165/

mostly on AoS but some blood bowl tidbits if I remember correctly
Craftnburn

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The HE Catcher is the worst... He throws like a Dwarf Blocker!
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As an aside: considering that all Elven teams' passing has been nerfed, giving Elven Blitzers S access would have not been a bad idea in my opinion.
Humans have a passing game almost as good as HE but they have 5 players with S access.
Alternatively, improving the overall Elven PA by 1, so that the HE Catcher would have PA 4+, Blitzer 3+, Lino 3+, Thrower 1+ removing Cloud Burster.
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 12:04 Reply with quote Back to top

pro elf catchers passing nerf is sad. I wish they'd given them 3+ instead of the blitzers. It just killed a suboptimal dump off NoS build. Which was fun to see

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving elven blizers S acces would make darkies so broken team that it wouldnt be even funneh.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
Giving elven blizers S acces would make darkies so broken team that it wouldnt be even funneh.

yeah, it's not hard to get doubles anyway now

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I would change the DE roster with 0-2 Blitzers with S access. That would keep them balanced.
Or 0-4 Blitzers without S access like now, but then Blitzer PA 3+, Witch Elf PA 4+, Lino PA 3+, Runner PA 2+ (worse than the other 3 Elven Throwers, who would have PA 1+ and Pass).

By the way, Skaven right now have 3 players with S access and they are an agile/hybrid team. Even with 3 players with S access they are not OP.
Their Thrower is almost as good as an Elven Thrower and better than DE Runner.

Last edited by MattDakka on Feb 02, 2023 - 12:43; edited 1 time in total
MerryZ

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkies are fine, best elf team and didnt get hit much from rulechange.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I played them in 107 Box games and I politely disagree:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&type=blackbox&r=4959

I don't complain because I can't get to top 1 with them, but their win rate is the worst of the 4 Elven teams in my personal experience.
So, maybe I totally suck with DE, or the top 1 is wrong.
The DE Runner should have PA 2+. 3+ means no emergency passing game. Being unable to 5+ Long Bomb and 4+ Long Pass is a massive impact of the rule change, not to mention Leap, AG and MA nerfs (don't get me wrong, Leap needed a nerf, but DE didn't get anything to make up for the nerfs, multi rr sounds nice but even opponent teams can use multi rr and chase them or just make running plays with 2+ GFIs and 3+ Hand Off, which were way riskier with 1 rr per turn). Now you can get Guard automatically, yes, but that requires 12 SPPs to pick it. Before you could just roll a double at first level up and get it, even on Linemen.

EU by the way seem to me the best of the 4 Elven teams in BB2020, according to my own and particular experience.

Garion wrote:
pro elf catchers passing nerf is sad. I wish they'd given them 3+ instead of the blitzers. It just killed a suboptimal dump off NoS build. Which was fun to see

Very true, it was a fun build and not OP, also, fitting thematically the EU, in my opinion.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I played them in 107 Box games and I politely disagree:
https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coaches&order=&type=blackbox&r=4959

I don't complain because I can't get to top 1 with them, but their win rate is the worst of the 4 Elven teams in my personal experience.

It looks to me that maybe they are the best.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IolskJrkKPiuui7JDqwTDJPWQw0iLIdf/view?usp=share_link

Though there is not much in it.

All elves looking very mid table.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I talk about Box DE played at mid TV. I don't know about NAF formats and low TV DE.
They could be the best Elven race at low TV. They don't look to me the best of the 4 Elven races overall, considering long-term progression.
Long-term there are more opponent skills involved (especially Tackle and MB), DE suffer more casualties, their running game gets harder to perform, passing gets more necessary due to being outnumbered.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
I talk about Box DE played at mid TV. I don't know about NAF formats and low TV DE.
They could be the best Elven race at low TV. They don't look to me the best of the 4 Elven races overall, considering long-term progression.
Long-term there are more opponent skills involved (especially Tackle and MB), DE suffer more casualties, their running game gets harder to perform, passing gets more necessary due to being outnumbered.

In the Box, you have to play low TV before you get to mid TV.

As many coaches will be playing BBT there will always be people starting new teams.

Right now, there are no seasons. When seasons kick in there will be even more lower TV games that there are now.

They are just numbers and the sample size is quite small.
Probably heavily skewed by one Legend coach playing a hell of a lot of games without ending seasons. Twisted Evil

Maybe, that implies that elves all really do stink. Mr. Green

Lies, damn lies...

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea, DE aren't the worst elves, despite your sample of 1

https://fumbbl.com/p/rosterstats?y=2022

EU 9th
DE 10th
WE 12th
HE 18th
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

At low TV DE lack Blodge and have few rrs, they don't seem strong in that range to me.
About the data: it would be nice to see only the Box stats for Elves.
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2023 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
At low TV DE lack Blodge and have few rrs, they don't seem strong in that range to me.
About the data: it would be nice to see only the Box stats for Elves.

That was the Box data.

And no, I can't be arsed to get the data for teams that chug along at 1600-2000TV for hundreds of games when the rules/division appear to be designed to prevent you doing that. Mr. Green

Jump to: