34 coaches online • Server time: 16:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Blackbox, my teams so skilled.

Open, people refuse the game. lol
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You can make new Black Box teams and/or drop some TV from your skilled teams.
I try to keep my Box teams around TV 1600 max and I find games quite easily.

Open is not an option! (imagine it spoken with an Imperial Guard Commissar's voice) Razz

Last edited by MattDakka on Feb 06, 2023 - 22:13; edited 1 time in total
Ohwatch

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 22:09 Reply with quote Back to top

yes new teams
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Until the system forces you at a reset of 1350TV you will most likely have to do it yourself. Just sit any High TV (C) teams you have for the next major, :}.

Side note: When ever the Buccaneers are on GF, no one refuses them.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2023 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

TV gaps dont worry me... what worries me is high numbers of games on a team and hence the ability to cycle players more often and min/max your team (haven't looked at yours specifically, this is just my general view.

I only play my own teams up to 15 games (plus a major) and I only play teams who have played between 0-15 games irrespective of race or TV.
MrCushtie

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2023 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing my own redraft honour system: every 15 matches I sack most of the team and keep what a 1350 redraft would allow. And then I'll play up to 30 (or 45, or whatever) old teams. This tends to be an exercise in masochism, but what else is Blood Bowl?

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2023 - 08:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish box didnt pair 50+ teams against teams under 15 games.

But then again some of us just want to get favourable games 90% of the time and just build players and spin against new teams.

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2023 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

MerryZ wrote:
I wish box didnt pair 50+ teams against teams under 15 games.

I think that there is some rookie protection for teams under 15 games.
If there is no rookie protection, then it would be nice to have it, I agree with you.

Personally, I don't like to make new teams over and over again, because I don't like to use silly team names or with a serial number and after a while it gets hard to find good names for new teams.
Moreover, with Officious Ref event I don't want to play as a new team with few Dedicated Fans.
Season Re-Draft will come, eventually.
gonzip

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2023 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, there should be something, AFAIK there was not on BBT6, dont know about 7

Getting a similar TV match in blackbox of a 30+games team tinkered vs a <15 games team does not feel good
Garion26

Post   Posted: Feb 07, 2023 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

gonzip wrote:
I agree, there should be something, AFAIK there was not on BBT6, dont know about 7

Getting a similar TV match in blackbox of a 30+games team tinkered vs a <15 games team does not feel good

Agreed - not saying all those teams are min maxed to optimization but enough of them are.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 08, 2023 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion26 wrote:
gonzip wrote:

Agreed - not saying all those teams are min maxed to optimization but enough of them are.

Even if the coach does not overtly optimise the team, the team still will be better than a team of lesser games with same TV, particularly with rosters that have high use of random skills (norse, zon linemen for example).

It will be natural attrition over more games that shoddy skilled players will be killed/sacked in favour of linemen who get Block for 10k. The nerfing of the Apo in 2020 means anyone who doesnt meet an optimal build will surely be left to die or stat bust and hence if you play 30+ games, then what you will have left is a lot more wheat than chaff.

And thats before you get into true minmaxing by harvesting two or three skilled legends playing with rookie linemen.
 Jump to: