42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the Title says. I need a League that starts play at around THIS TIME of night and plays during the next 6 hours or so.

I live in the US and it is about 1130pm right here.
I have a NIGHT job and could play at work some nights, but not all, plus I DO get 2 Nights off each week.

ABOUT ME
I have a ton of Blood Bowl Experience, but I haven't played in the most recent Rulebook. I can and do pay about every race but there are some that I SUCK AT TERRIBLY and would not want to play.
So... I can be somewhat flexible if the league has rules for variety in teams. But I can't just take anything.

I would probably prefer a league with variety, but some of the leagues that limit the choices to a handful of rostrs could be fun too.
I could probably play in more than 1 league or more than 1 team in the same league. Probably a MAX of 2 or 3 teams.

Any suggestions?
Does my time requirement fit your league?
That IS the biggest thing to make it possible for me.

WHY ME?
That is a question you will be asking yourselves OVER and OVER LOL

I am not the greatest coach but I don't suck.
I'm not a dick, but I do make jokes at my own expense and my opponents pixels expense.
I tend to SPEC gams in the leagues I am in and make a ton of noise, mainly I /boo.

Some of my favorite rosters are Humans, Orcs, Norse, Undead and Chaos Dwarves

I'm ok with Elves and Rats, Chaos, Necro, Nurgle, Pact/Renegades, Slann and Vamps

I think I would like Nobility and Old World

I SUCK with Lizards, would probably suck with Black Orcs, and Stunties, Khemri, Dorfs, Oges and Big Goblins (most people call them Amazons)
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest looking at Razmus's blog, designed for exactly this predicament.

I have a similar situation, where I live in the UK, but play in US leagues as the time zone fits my work/sleep pattern better. SWL might suit you.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Another good idea is clicking games and seeing what league games are in progress whilst you're online.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Another good idea is clicking games and seeing what league games are in progress whilst you're online.

Yeah. I'm doing that a little. I just got this job. So in no rush to get started. Need a new computer to get started at Home. Current Laptop Screen is too small to make it enjoyable.

But I love this game and I can't spend every OF night watching Movies and YouTube. And I am not a "Gamer" in the sense most people mean when they use that term.

Will check out the Razmus link. Thanks for that. Sounds very helpful.

But I am also looking to enjoy a bit of the Recruiting Process lol.
I work part-time as a Basketball Scout, so I am involved in help kids get Recruited to play in College. I thought it might be FUN to be "recruited" for Blood Bowl lol
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 06:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You posted at 5am server time = 5pm nzt.

Anyone able to commit play in the nzt primetime window of 7pm to 9pm is welcome to visit. This seems to fit in with your 6 hours.

Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg. Click the links in the Razmus post to find us. New season starts in about a month. 5 friendlies allowed for new entrants to build.

SWL might be another option. 2 hours further away from you. Next season <2 weeks away
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean…. I still have room for one more team in season 1 here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=15852&op=view

Some NA coaches there already. There is no schedule or demand to play any games, so very relaxed, but also going at a very slow pace….

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB is just starting a season. If you can play slightly earlier reliably (usually starting between 7 and 11pm EST, but with a few guys that will start as late as 12 or 1 am EST), that might fit.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2023 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
NCBB is just starting a season. If you can play slightly earlier reliably (usually starting between 7 and 11pm EST, but with a few guys that will start as late as 12 or 1 am EST), that might fit.

It would kinda work right now. But most of the year it wouldn't work. I still do some gigs that require me during those hours. I am still a Ref for a few sports AND I am Coaching and Scouting Girls Basketball these days too.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2023 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB usually is a little bit liberal about scheduling, so if you have to book outside the 7-day window you probably can.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2023 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So do these leagues use SLANN? All the NEW races? Any restrictions on what team I choose?

Simyin? (LOL no not Simyin)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 11:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

DIBBL allows Slann and Simyin - free to choose
SWL is core BB20 races - racial draft to maintain balance in the league

Fumbbl has all the new races.
 Jump to: