69 coaches online • Server time: 21:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 05:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Like the Title says. I need a League that starts play at around THIS TIME of night and plays during the next 6 hours or so.

I live in the US and it is about 1130pm right here.
I have a NIGHT job and could play at work some nights, but not all, plus I DO get 2 Nights off each week.

ABOUT ME
I have a ton of Blood Bowl Experience, but I haven't played in the most recent Rulebook. I can and do pay about every race but there are some that I SUCK AT TERRIBLY and would not want to play.
So... I can be somewhat flexible if the league has rules for variety in teams. But I can't just take anything.

I would probably prefer a league with variety, but some of the leagues that limit the choices to a handful of rostrs could be fun too.
I could probably play in more than 1 league or more than 1 team in the same league. Probably a MAX of 2 or 3 teams.

Any suggestions?
Does my time requirement fit your league?
That IS the biggest thing to make it possible for me.

WHY ME?
That is a question you will be asking yourselves OVER and OVER LOL

I am not the greatest coach but I don't suck.
I'm not a dick, but I do make jokes at my own expense and my opponents pixels expense.
I tend to SPEC gams in the leagues I am in and make a ton of noise, mainly I /boo.

Some of my favorite rosters are Humans, Orcs, Norse, Undead and Chaos Dwarves

I'm ok with Elves and Rats, Chaos, Necro, Nurgle, Pact/Renegades, Slann and Vamps

I think I would like Nobility and Old World

I SUCK with Lizards, would probably suck with Black Orcs, and Stunties, Khemri, Dorfs, Oges and Big Goblins (most people call them Amazons)
Kinks

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 05:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest looking at Razmus's blog, designed for exactly this predicament.

I have a similar situation, where I live in the UK, but play in US leagues as the time zone fits my work/sleep pattern better. SWL might suit you.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Another good idea is clicking games and seeing what league games are in progress whilst you're online.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 06:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
Another good idea is clicking games and seeing what league games are in progress whilst you're online.

Yeah. I'm doing that a little. I just got this job. So in no rush to get started. Need a new computer to get started at Home. Current Laptop Screen is too small to make it enjoyable.

But I love this game and I can't spend every OF night watching Movies and YouTube. And I am not a "Gamer" in the sense most people mean when they use that term.

Will check out the Razmus link. Thanks for that. Sounds very helpful.

But I am also looking to enjoy a bit of the Recruiting Process lol.
I work part-time as a Basketball Scout, so I am involved in help kids get Recruited to play in College. I thought it might be FUN to be "recruited" for Blood Bowl lol
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 06:23
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

You posted at 5am server time = 5pm nzt.

Anyone able to commit play in the nzt primetime window of 7pm to 9pm is welcome to visit. This seems to fit in with your 6 hours.

Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg. Click the links in the Razmus post to find us. New season starts in about a month. 5 friendlies allowed for new entrants to build.

SWL might be another option. 2 hours further away from you. Next season <2 weeks away
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 06:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I mean…. I still have room for one more team in season 1 here:
https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=15852&op=view

Some NA coaches there already. There is no schedule or demand to play any games, so very relaxed, but also going at a very slow pace….

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2023 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB is just starting a season. If you can play slightly earlier reliably (usually starting between 7 and 11pm EST, but with a few guys that will start as late as 12 or 1 am EST), that might fit.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2023 - 07:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nelphine wrote:
NCBB is just starting a season. If you can play slightly earlier reliably (usually starting between 7 and 11pm EST, but with a few guys that will start as late as 12 or 1 am EST), that might fit.

It would kinda work right now. But most of the year it wouldn't work. I still do some gigs that require me during those hours. I am still a Ref for a few sports AND I am Coaching and Scouting Girls Basketball these days too.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2023 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

NCBB usually is a little bit liberal about scheduling, so if you have to book outside the 7-day window you probably can.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2023 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

So do these leagues use SLANN? All the NEW races? Any restrictions on what team I choose?

Simyin? (LOL no not Simyin)
ramchop

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2023 - 11:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

DIBBL allows Slann and Simyin - free to choose
SWL is core BB20 races - racial draft to maintain balance in the league

Fumbbl has all the new races.
 Jump to: