44 coaches online • Server time: 13:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 06:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh! I would totally do that for you guys.

"I was whirling around like fungus the loon" could work all sorts of things in!

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to start watching Survivor again just to zero out the percent chance I miss Macavity saying, "I was whirling around like Fungus the Loon!" during an immunity challenge. For sure the editors would cut to some perplexed faces immediately after. It's been 10+ years since I tuned in. How many face lifts has that host had?

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2023 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

um... two? He keeps it pretty natural. The only real thing that has changed is they stopped casting weirdos off the street (hopefully myself excluded) and have people who are well aware of the game, so it's treated as a long form game more than "reality tv" crap.

I think describing my activities in Bloodbowl terms really could get in under the radar.

"You managed to complete that quickly"

"Yeah, I started tossing the balls and suddenly it was like, double pow!"

"You really felt left out of the talk?"

"Jeff, it was like I suddenly had a Disturbing Presence or Foul Appearance or something"

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
RDaneel wrote:
why I think you've been studying the details of Elyod's matches with whom you've taken I think at least a couple of slaps in two Box matches - which is why it probably stings you.

My match record vs Elyod is 1/1/1, so you think wrong, no sting involved.
I use to watch good coaches because I could learn something new and because their games are fun and interesting to watch. There are not many coaches playing Elves, hence I thought to watch some of his games. To be more specific, I know that Elyod uses Sneaky Git, Dirty Player Linemen and I wanted to see how effective that strategy is, because when I had a Sneaky Git, Dirty Player Lineman he didn't make a big difference.

RDaneel wrote:

Last example of the match you posted is a confirmation of this: you drew a match vs an underdog opponent with 100 CR point less than you, w/o your stat freak catcher.

You should know (and if you don't, feel free to ask people here) that HE vs Amazons match-up is a bad one for the HE, at that TV.
Amazons are underpriced (Linewomen are 10 TV cheaper than they should be). If you consider that, you will see that my team had a big disadvantage.
Either you genuinely ignore the racial match-ups or you are deliberately pretending to ignore them.
That said, watch your favourite on-and-off pitch Champions at the low TV you think it's the best and leave me alone. I don't need your attention, if you think I suck, ok, good. I don't have to persuade you, after all.
About the PM I sent you: you were playing a game with your Necro team and you said that it was your first 1TTD attempt, I wanted to be kind and sent you a PM showing the 1TTD guide. You took that like if I disturbed/offended you.
This is, if we want to nitpick, quite unpolite. If somebody tries to help you should at least say: "Thanks, but I don't need a guide for 1TTD" instead of threatening to report him for that PM.
So, don't try to teach me how to be polite, when you are not so polite yourself.

A man who always comments games where he loses cr stating that it was not his fault is a clown not a man.
https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4450701

And anyone who writes this kind of reports ( https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=4450663 ) is a self-absorbed manchild whose value as a champion is the freezing temperature of water in celsius.

You win a lot and still you are worthless. Quite a feat.
Sorry if I'm not as polite as RDaneel Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I forgive you!

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 21:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Time to close this thread methinks, when we're starting to insult people.
badger89

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
Time to close this thread methinks, when we're starting to insult people.

Agree

Post   Posted: Apr 16, 2023 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Typical anti-Dakka hate squad. Always on the whine.

Jump to: