24 coaches online • Server time: 02:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2009 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ChaosPhoenix wrote:
Did I see you online in Blood Bowl (PC Version) yesterday? Funny thing, I didn't know who you were back then ^^

Nope. Definitely not as I do not own or play the PC Version. Perhaps someone else just chose the same nick ?
keybounce

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2010 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Bumpity.

Is there any chance that the LRB 5 client can be made Java 1.5 compatible? I have a PPC Mac, and 1.6 is simply not an option -- Apple only releases an x86_64 version of that.

If not, are there any other places where LRB 5 can be played online?

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2010 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Am I the only one who really doesnt want to change from LRB 4, IMO LRB 4 is the best version of the rule book by a long way. There are definately some good changes in LRB 5 and 6 but the bad points out weigh them, again IMO. Also LRB4 was the final version of rules written by Jervis et al and that guy really knows his game design - I have serious doubts about the credentials and understanding of game design of people that wrote the rules for LRB5 and 6.

I say stick with LRB 4 and really I hope there are many more people that agree.

Last edited by Garion on %b %19, %2011 - %13:%Aug; edited 2 times in total
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2010 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Also LRB4 was the final version of rules written by Jervis et al and that guy really knows his game design - I have serious doubts about the credentials and understnading of game design of people that wrote the rules for LRB5 and 6.

Oh boy.
Nightbird

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2010 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
Also LRB4 was the final version of rules written by Jervis et al and that guy really knows his game design - I have serious doubts about the credentials and understnading of game design of people that wrote the rules for LRB5 and 6.

Ever heard of the BBRC???

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2010 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, they came on board and complained how GW had shafted them a few months ago...

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2010 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone confirm if the new client will play in LRB 5 or 6 ? I see most posts talk about 5 but the release notes mention rules of 6...
And since I'm totally clueless about either one, I need to read the correct one Very Happy
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You should read the LRB6 also known as the Competition Rules Pack.
Tobrane78

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok thanks Very Happy

Last question... Where can I find it? Embarassed
Followed several links on some threads here but so far ended in a nasty "Edited because of GW"
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you use google and search for Competition Rules Pack. The top two links leads to it... Not that hard. Smile
Tobrane78

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Right... googled LRB 6 and didn't get there.
Thanks for the info! Very Happy
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2010 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Go to games workshop homepage. You find it there.

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2010 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

i admit i never tried the client neither went thru all topics of the forum, but by specting a ffb game i noticed that there is button for reserve and out players. why is that? is there some special feature behind it? for me it seems that 16 players can easily fit on one place, so why is there 2? just curious...
Garion

Post   Posted: Jul 26, 2010 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It is for injuries etc. The reserves bench shows which players are available to you, the other shows which ones are injured and what their injuries are. In a match you generally speaking never look at the reserves section unless someone is crowd surfed and you want to make sure they survived. It works fine imo.

They probably could fit them all on one screen like the dug out on the table top version but it isn't really an issue when playing an certainly doesnt take anything away from the game.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2011 - 12:06 Reply with quote Back to top

any chance of an update? havent heard anything for a while.

Thanks for all the hard work and making Fumbbl and BB my favourite passtime Smile
 Jump to: