37 coaches online • Server time: 13:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pagan13

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Last rules question I'll ask, I promise.(not really)

The skill says that instead of throwing a Block you can use it. Does this mean you need to meet every requirement for throwing a Block to Stab?

The wording in in Stab and then in a few other skills causes some question for me. Can a player move and Stab, without declaring it as a team's Blitz action for the turn?

If so it seems moving up to assist and just throw a block is almost always a better option than using Stab. Aside from the zero chance of a turnover on failure(a worthy bonus), wasting a skill upgrade or bothering with a lower armored Dark Elf Assassin instead of another Lineman seems pointless.

A second and unrelated question, why are skills like Stab given the clause about not counting for SPPs? Players that gain Mighty Blow or +1 Str and cause casualties using those skills still gain SPPs, what logic can ever be used to argue against Stab, Chainsaw, ect not also gaining SPPs?

Quote:
Stab (Extraordinary)
A player with this skill is armed with something very good at stabbing,
slashing or hacking up an opponent, like sharp fangs or a trusty dagger.
This player may attack an opponent with their stabbing attack instead of
throwing a block at them. Make an unmodified Armour roll for the victim.
If the score is less than or equal to the victim’s Armour value then the
attack has no effect. If the score beats the victim’s Armour value then
they have been wounded and an unmodified Injury roll must be made. If
Stab is used as part of a Blitz Action, the player cannot continue moving
after using it. Casualties caused by a stabbing attack do not count for
Star Player points.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

"If Stab is used as part of a Blitz Action, the player cannot continue moving after using it."

That seems quite clear. It looks like the Stab skill really ain't worth it (except MAYBE against Blodge halflings, say, or the first LOS blocks). If it could be used after moving without declaring a Blitz action, then it would be a really neat skill.

Oscar Wilde
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 10:48 Reply with quote Back to top

You have to declare a blitz, if you want to move and use stab - because you can't block on a normal move and since stab replaces a block, you can't just move and stab.

Only regular blocks train you how to be a better player on the pitch, therefore they give spps and stuff like crowd beating up players, fouls and secret weapons do not.
Elminster

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you're talking LRB5 here?
Question 1: no move and stab. Must blitz in this case
Question 2 : i think everything that does not require the block dice to be rolled to cause an injury doesnt give spp. Seems to be in perfect order for me.

And about the DE assassin: on a double you can take multi block. 2 free armor rolls per turn! And your opponent will most certainly try to take your assassin out (esp. if he's playing an AV7 team) which will protect your important players. Stick him on an enemy WD (shadowing)and see how the opponent cares about his star player more than anything else. Jump up is also a nice skill for him but never before multi block. Also, assists dont influence stabs, so you can make a last resort blitz on a ballcarrier, for example.
Pagan13

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
"If Stab is used as part of a Blitz Action, the player cannot continue moving after using it."

Because this sentence can also be interpreted wrongly if you forget that Declaring a Blitz and a Stab is two actions. Was thinking it was referring to if you stopped to Stab someone before continuing on to the Blitz target. Got that down, thanks.

Quote:
Only regular blocks train you how to be a better player on the pitch, therefore they give spps and stuff like crowd beating up players, fouls and secret weapons do not.

Since when is only Blocking teaching you to be a better player on the Pitch. You can't learn how to better Stab someone, learn how to use a Chainsaw better to make some dwarves even shorter?

So scoring touchdowns helps you learn how to foul someone better? Yet fouling doesn't help you learn anything?
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Pagan13 wrote:
Because this sentence can also be interpreted wrongly if you forget that Declaring a Blitz and a Stab is two actions.

Declaring a blitz and a stab is not two actions. If you talk about actions of a player like "pass action", "blitz action" and "foul action".
The stab is a part of an action, and it replaces a block ( not a "Block action").
So during a blitz, you are allowed to do a block, but that can be replaced by a stab but then you are not allowed to continue moving as per the stab rule.
Pretty clear if you ask me.
Pagan13

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 11:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I had gotten it now, but allow me to argue another confusing wording on this skill now instead.

Quote:
This player may attack an opponent with their stabbing attack instead of
throwing a block at them.

Why confuse people with, "stabbing attack". This can be seen to imply a stabbing attack is something that actually exists.

When this player declares a Block or Blitz action, they may choose to use the Stab skill in place of the normal Block.

That makes more sense. It uses only game terms and doesn't leave it open to misinterpretation.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Elminster wrote:
on a double you can take multi block. 2 free armor rolls per turn!

This only works if your opponent is going to put 2 players next to your stabber on his turn as you can only use multiple block in a block action and not in a blitz action.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2009 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

that's where shadowing, sidestep and jump-up help (2 regular skills, as they start with shadowing)

you can also use it against a compact LOS when receiving a kick-off
Yoith

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2020 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I couldn't find informe the options of my dark elf assassin the action stab.
How can I use it?[/img]
cdassak

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2020 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yoith wrote:
Yesterday I couldn't find informe the options of my dark elf assassin the action stab.
How can I use it?[/img]

Try a normal block, it will give you the option to either block or stab