44 coaches online • Server time: 19:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you play to win?
I Play for blood what's the ball?
14%
 14%  [ 348 ]
I play to win a stun is as good as a cas for me during a drive.
29%
 29%  [ 723 ]
Both, blood and glory for me!
56%
 56%  [ 1405 ]
Total Votes : 2476

cmmerrick

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

all good sound advice apart from
7)Keeping your opponents from scoring Td's and scoring your own are the keys to winning a Blood Bowl Match. Remember this

really? handnt guessed, someone would been a serious lack of brain to forget the point of the game
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually #7 is pretty important advice. Alot of people get too caught up with blocking and lose focus on the ball..... typically this happens most with dwarfs and khemri whos short movement means they need to keep quite a careful pitch spread but most players mis-position even with elves.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
zerkalo

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2009 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

1 - For winning the game apo on your best player's BH is better than apo on your second best player's rip.
2 - It's much better to surround the ball or ball carrier with 5-10 players if you dont have to make any rolls, than to dodge 10 times and take 2 gfi to get -3db on ball carrier. Blitzing ball carrier is 10 times overrated.
3 - Don't play like you know 100% sure how opponent will play.
4 - It is better to let opponent score and to start next half 11 vs 11, than to try to stop him scoring and start next half 2 vs 11.
5 - It's better to not score if opponent has all 12 players in the ko box. So you get to start 11 vs 6 (0-0 -> 90% win 9% draw 1% loss), otherwise it would be on average 11 vs 9 (1-0 -> 80% win, 20% draw).

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2009 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't underestimate the capabilities of the average lineman.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2011 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Why should you never blitz with a big guy? Even if they have block? Because you might roll a 1 for wild?

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2011 - 20:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's probably:

a) Because there is a risk that you'll fail the nega-trait roll and waste the blitz.
b) Because using rerolls with them is risky (due to loner), so if you do roll skulls/both downs then you can't reliably reroll it.

However, imo 'never' is a strong word. Block does make them a lot more reliable and if you can engineer a 3-dice block then that also reduces the risk. Juggernaught in LRB6 will also help, which they can have on a normal roll. I think there is a time and a place for a big-guy blitz.

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Mori-mori-mori

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not so experieced to give hints on tactics, but there is one thing about motivation: do not ever give up on the game until there is not physically possible to change the score (or get some SPs at least) anymore. If it came down to some seemingly hopeless situation, than it's time to try the most craziest moves you would never even imagined to work: 3 dice blocks against, jumping through multiple tackle zones, hail mary passes, intentional crowd surfing of opposing ballcarrier, throwing teammates into opposing ballcarrier, dodging with your [undeveloped] minotaur, anything; you'll be amazed how often such escapades produce opportunities to radically change the game's flow. Of course, such extreme measures should be justified enough (i.e. you are really need these victory points), don't risk infilicting injuries to your best players just for plain vanity.

Last edited by Mori-mori-mori on Jan 03, 2015 - 18:50; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 18:42 Reply with quote Back to top

give your players proper names.

if you name your mens "fff4" and "brpl", I will foul them to death.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2015 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

+1

Although, to be it doesn't take much to encourage me to foul.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
thoralf

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2015 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Have a plan and try to convince your players to follow it.
Beanchilla

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:

Hell yeah! Themed teams are just more fun too. Makes me want to keep them alive longer and see them succeed haha.

Here's a great resource for all sorts of Fumbbl images!
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2016 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Grods tips:
* Maximise the blocks you make in your turn while minimising your opponents blocks. Do this by following up blocks when opponent is prone, and not following up on pushbacks (generally speaking).
* Don't automatically move your players in contact with an opponent. Often hanging loose is fine and gives less blocks to your opponent in their turn.
* Try to mark opponents prone players so they can't move anywhere on their next turn.
* Push opposing guard players so they are in contact with exactly 1 of your players. Conversely, try to ensure your guard players are always in contact with either 0 or 2 or more opponents.
* Don't play too safe, keep the ball moving down field.

Oscar Wilde
PainState

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2016 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2020 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually play for fun & pex (which leads to more fun as I like experienced teams)
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2020 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Oddly the 7 points in the first post are still relevant
 Jump to: