51 coaches online • Server time: 16:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which race will suffer most?
Amazon
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Chaos
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Chaos Dwarf
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Dark Elf
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
Dwarf
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Elf
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
High Elf
6%
 6%  [ 5 ]
Human
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Khemri
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Lizards
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Necromantic
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Norse
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Nurgle Rotters
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Orc
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Skaven
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Undead
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vampire
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Woodelves
24%
 24%  [ 19 ]
Flings, Gobo, Ogre
5%
 5%  [ 4 ]
Pie! This is a stupid poll they all suffer the same
19%
 19%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 77

Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't got a team in FFB that is being affected by this yet. But how much is this going to change teams development and which teams will be hit the hardest by it?

I have made this lizard team on paper to see how many skills you can have before it becomes a big problem -

1 Krox- Guard, Break Tackle, Stand Firm
1 Saurus -Block, Break Tackle, Tackle, Stip Ball
1 Saurus - Block, MB, PO, Tackle, Break Tackle
1 Saurus - Frenzy, Block, Stand Firm
1 Saurus - Block, Guard, MB
1 Saurus - Block, Guard, MB
1 Saurus - Block, Grab, Guard
1 Skink - +Ma, sure feet, catch
1 Skink - Wrestle, Side step, Diving tackle
1 Skink - Kick, side step
1 Skink - Dirty player
1 Skink - Dirty player
1 Skink - Sure hands, Side step, Block 80,000
1 Skink
1 Skink
1 Skink
5 Re-rolls
Apoth
TV - 2,310,000 I think
So the team would be paying 40,000 in expenses every game which isnt too bad acutally. Although this team isn't perfect.
soranos

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Teams with high player turn-over and and expensive players. I think it will be more challenging playing a succesfull woody team in a long term environment. Orcs and Dwarves on the other hand should hardly be effected.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves.

Spiralling expenses is only going to hurt casually/badly managed teams. However, if it does hurt a "competitively" managed team then it will be a team that has a very high cash loss rate relative to its SPP loss rate. Hence dark elves - they can reskill players fast and it costs alot when they die and the team can survive the kind of attrition being dished out at high levels.

Note: I'm not necessarily in favour of "competitive" team management but unless we use the bank rules (vetoed by Jervis) spiralling expenses will be more or less optional.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean they will be more or less optional?

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I was under the impression that spiraling expenses could work out to favour some of the softer teams. As it works in conjunction with TV it means that soft teams wont be getting penalised for for 3-4 great players that are missing the game.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Logically, all teams with high cost, fragile players. Especially ones that have difficulties winning matches.

In theory, you can negate much of the impact of spiralling expenses by farming gold in the low TV bracket and only moving to higher brackets after you have enough for a near lifetime. Time consuming but leads to prolonged time on the top.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

You forgot Slann. And they would be my choice.

But I see you generally didnt include the new teams.

Elf teams will "suffer" the most, or rather, they will have the hardest time to stay beyond 200+ tv.
Garion

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

There was no more room to add slann, underworld and pact sadly. But Slann are definately one of the teams I feel would be hit hardest.

I also think there is going to be some serious gold farming done by some coaches at a low tv. However this will not really help that much because their team will still end up loosing all their money once they hit a high enough tv
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

In ranked it will be easy enough to play a few cash games when u need to repurchase an expensive player.

I voted DE as well, just because they can have a 14 player team with a cash value of 1,240,000, which I believe is the highest out there. Although some others are close...

The least bad is probably Chaos as IMO they just need a couple of superstar players to be effective at higher TV.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

You forget that the goldfarming have already started. There are no expenses in LRB4.

Undead and AV9 teams are gonna rock after the transfer, until they run out of gold.
nin

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Expensive teams that have few skills... Chaos
Still, woodies and other elves can probably find themselves loosing rookie players that they can't remplace easily (blodgers manage to live longer, the team gets expensive and income is low to buy a new lino at 70k)(same problem for frogs)
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Nighteye wrote:
You forget that the goldfarming have already started. There are no expenses in LRB4.

Actually there are...ever looked at the winnings table?
soranos

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
Expensive teams that have few skills... Chaos
Still, woodies and other elves can probably find themselves loosing rookie players that they can't remplace easily (blodgers manage to live longer, the team gets expensive and income is low to buy a new lino at 70k)(same problem for frogs)

Interesting thought about chaos, but I think at that point they should loaded up on enough guard to protect their rookies better, not to speak off their potential 5 players with ST4+. I think they are affected by it worse than Orcs of Dwarves, but I hardly see them suffer more than any elf/slann team.

I also consider dark elves to be the team least affected from the elf teams. Sure, there crop might be the most expensive off all teams, but their high priced assets (Witches) are not nearly as vital to the team's success as Wardancers for the Woodies. You really only need 1 (if any) assasin and 1 runner (even if you want 2, they are only 10k more than a lino). So even though they have 3 AV7 positionals now, 2 of them aren't really that essential and rather very specialized players you can compete without. HAving 6 players that are only 1 skill away from blodge/wrodge also helps.
Now like I said, Woody's are entirely AV7, only a little less expensive and without their best positional they are still dangerous, but hardly the same team. If they don't pile up cash early, they will have problems maintaining a bench and having enough bodies to protect their dancers.
Elf is pretty much in the same boat, sure their linos are cheaper, but their positionals are also pretty expensive and only their blitzes come with an adequate set of surviver skills. Their catchers are awesome, but also highly endangered in their rookie-stage. High elfs suffer from an even greater lack of starting skills than the elf team, but through spirraling expenses their AV+ for the MA+ or the 10k money trade-off in comparasion to woodie and pro elf linos, is getting a hugh raise as it is now harder to replace player later on. They should stay longer on the pitch to protect their fragile positionals early on.
soranos

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Nighteye wrote:

but you can't lose money, which is absolutely possible in ffb later on and the potential earnings in lrb4 at high tr are still clearly greater.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2010 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

soranos wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:
Nighteye wrote:

but you can't lose money, which is absolutely possible in ffb later on and the potential earnings in lrb4 at high tr are still clearly greater.

Oh the effect on treasury of the increased TV/TR in LRB6 sure is bigger but with cash counting towards TR and not towards TV goldfarming is much easier to do in LRB6 compared to LRB4.
 Jump to: