38 coaches online • Server time: 14:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Rabe

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2013 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome pictures!

I'd love to have a set of special player pics for the Monsters some day...

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2013 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
This thread is mainly to bring to your attention the images that boeufmironton is producing. I think it would be a good idea to get them in the public gallery. If you are unsure of him, here are some of his yearbooks.

I played boeufmironton in Box but didn't realize he had drawn the pictures himself. They're great! He's also a funny guy in chat.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2013 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

strikereternal wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:
This thread is mainly to bring to your attention the images that boeufmironton is producing. I think it would be a good idea to get them in the public gallery. If you are unsure of him, here are some of his yearbooks.

I played boeufmironton in Box but didn't realize he had drawn the pictures himself. They're great! He's also a funny guy in chat.

He's done some more since I started the thread.
deyempe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

As well as him, crook666 blogged about his player portraits.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=220451&id=12644

These have a distinctive style and some of them are pretty cool.

Also, Garion is getting more and more experienced at colouring portraits. If you need any advice or want a custom set, you may like to talk to him.

So anyone else know of good portraits being made?

Why the above link goto my coach Blog page!!? lol

other links good tho Smile
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

It goes to mine, too. The URL is an old one, using the coach ID instead of his name - hence it's not working anymore.

boeufmironton also did some individual pics for the Agility Monsters (all but the first one, obviously):
https://fumbbl.com/p/yearbook?team_id=605803

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2013 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

deyempe wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

As well as him, crook666 blogged about his player portraits.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=220451&id=12644

These have a distinctive style and some of them are pretty cool.

Also, Garion is getting more and more experienced at colouring portraits. If you need any advice or want a custom set, you may like to talk to him.

So anyone else know of good portraits being made?

Why the above link goto my coach Blog page!!? lol

other links good tho Smile

http://www.fumbbl.com/p/blog&c=crook666&id=12644
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Will ask here or I'd have to necro this thread. Anybody have any idea how to do a full-pitch logo? What dimensions to use, alignment issues? Anybody any tips?

And to stay on topic; did some of these playerpics with the Southpark genrator back in the time. Wink
Chainsaw

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Squares are 30x30 pixels, pitch is 13x17 squares, full pitch logo size is 390x450 pixels.

Example:

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx Chainsaw but doesn't this only cover my side, I want one for a league team that covers the whole pitch! My side and theirs.Smile But if I try 780x450 pixels its of-center. The idea is for the league logo to appear on the pitch in all 4 wide zones. Could be used for sponsers, team logo, conference logo ect... It looks terrible on team page but could look awesome on pitch. Smile
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2013 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Araznaroth wrote:
Thx Chainsaw but doesn't this only cover my side, I want one for a league team that covers the whole pitch! My side and theirs.Smile But if I try 780x450 pixels its of-center. The idea is for the league logo to appear on the pitch in all 4 wide zones. Could be used for sponsers, team logo, conference logo ect... It looks terrible on team page but could look awesome on pitch. Smile

I would try to go to 1170x450, with the leftmost 390 pixels blank. The image centres to your side of the pitch, so that should do it. Might be tricky making it under 1000kbs though.

Edit: both teams might need the same logo this way (and turn off opponent logos in settings, or the home/away view flopping will make a mess of it.

As a disclaimer, I have to say I despise most full pitch/half logos. If it is in a league and everyone is for it, cool. Otherwise, not a fan.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
Araznaroth wrote:

I would try to go to 1170x450, with the leftmost 390 pixels blank. The image centres to your side of the pitch, so that should do it. Might be tricky making it under 1000kbs though.

Edit: both teams might need the same logo this way (and turn off opponent logos in settings, or the home/away view flopping will make a mess of it.

As a disclaimer, I have to say I despise most full pitch/half logos. If it is in a league and everyone is for it, cool. Otherwise, not a fan.

I was having a play around with this in a test game the other night.

If you go with 1170x450, it does indeed work perfectly for your view, but your opponent will get a weird view - I think it centres the image on your half of the pitch from both views, so they'll see their side of the pitch empty and your half with half of your image. Looks especially bad if you're trying to add some endzone markers Embarassed

I'd imagine that if you wanted to just have some logos displayed but didn't care exactly where they appeared, it could work out OK doing 1170x450, but if you were after something in midfield or endzones it won't work.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Thx, yeah after testing it in test mode I decided to cover my part of the pitch only. One day custom fields and icons will be a fact, this fluff-o-phile can dream of the possibilities!!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 12:49 Reply with quote Back to top

With downloads now gone, I was thinking of uploading all the custom pitches I know of, into one place. If there's enough response here I will, if not I won't bother as quite often most coaches are only interested in what they can currently use.

As for very very large pitch icons, If they inconvenience your opponent, quite often they are denied.
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

jamesfarrell129 wrote:
WhatBall wrote:
Araznaroth wrote:

I was having a play around with this in a test game the other night.

If you go with 1170x450, it does indeed work perfectly for your view, but your opponent will get a weird view - I think it centres the image on your half of the pitch from both views, so they'll see their side of the pitch empty and your half with half of your image. Looks especially bad if you're trying to add some endzone markers Embarassed

I'd imagine that if you wanted to just have some logos displayed but didn't care exactly where they appeared, it could work out OK doing 1170x450, but if you were after something in midfield or endzones it won't work.

Yes, that is why I said it needs to be a league setting. Both teams can run the same "league" field and turn off opponents pitch logo. That way it would look good for both. Fans would get both, which would cause a mess unless they too turned off away team pitch logos.

Ultimately though, it is a good argument to eventually support custom fields. Perhaps with dynamic (transparent png files) overlays for snow, sweltering heat, etc.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2013 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I contacted Kalimar about this a while a go, with the pitches on page 1. But there was no reply. I think anything like this on the client side is a long long way off at the moment.