47 coaches online • Server time: 00:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
C3I2

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

TBH I feel like that when I have fend, but try to play against the fend teams, or even worse the sidestep+fend. Basically if you do the quick positioning decisions better then your opponent, its great.
Garion

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend is easy to play against. You just hit stuff you want and don't hit the ones you want to mark. Side step is a different proposition all together though and is an amazing skill on block or blodge players. One of the worst aspects of fend imo is it takes an important part of your opponents positional decision making away which is huge. I win most games because of better positional play. This largely comes from opposition over blocking, following up when they shouldn't, piling on when they shouldn't. Fend takes all these options away. On top of all this there are just soo many better skills available for most teams. Like stand firm, side step, block dodge, tackle, wrestle, leader, kick, sure hands, strip ball, mb, po, grab, juggernaut, dp.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I like fend in General. It is not a useless skill at all. If you believe it is only a killstack counter, then you are on the wrong end of the evaluation. Fend is great at supporting surfing. With norse you could mark a player close to the sideline, and if that player has fend, then you can make sure that player stays next to the sideline next turn too.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes that is indeed it's best use imo. It help make surfing a lot easier but it's still a bit crap.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

It's the old Jugs.

Twas the sub optimal hipster choice of '11-'12. Get with the times (with tighter trousers on), guys!

Or, you know, pick good skills. Wink
Prez

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2014 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fend as already stated is good against PO kill stack etc, but it is also useful to generally stop the oppositions push forward. Bar the blitz who can circumnavigate the fend guy, all other players who block are still where they started. Not all your players will be fend equipped, but just a few can slow things down considerable.

Lino fodder with fend can seriously hamper a drive forward.

my tuppence worth Wink