41 coaches online • Server time: 12:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
[B] or not to [B]?
I am not scared
56%
 56%  [ 9 ]
I am scared
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
I Like 3.14159..
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested in wrangling up some North American Time Zone Coaches for some Box games on Friday Nights. This could even be late nighties from the UK or early morning guys from Australia. I don't really care who shows up as long as people show up. I love box more than the other divisions. It's not to claw POMB or min max my way though the div. I'll enter my ARR teams. The teams like Goblins, Ogres, Elves and Vamps. Bring your CDs, and you Dwarves. I do not care who you bring. Just bring something. Box is about the fun of random random opponents and crazy chaos. Aka it's about the fun. Friday nights. 2 am BB time or 7 pm East Coast time or 4 pm West Coast time. That is the date I've set out to use my weaker teams for you disposal. [B] there... or [B] scared!

Jeffro
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I might join a bit. It does kind of suck not to be able to play Box because of your time zone.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 04:29 Reply with quote Back to top

If ya can't get a game in Box have a think about [L]eague.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If this becomes a regular thing, I work till 7pm EST, I could make it.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Im usually down but wife comes first. Id join a meta group so you at least know whos on
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

@ Koadah, I agree leagues in your time zone are a great way to get games: OP and I are in three of the same leagues for that reason. Ranked works too: only takes two coaches to be on so you can play. I usually activate a league team or two when I log on gamefinder, but that rarely yields anything.

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 06:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure Friday is the best night to draw the most people. More people go out on Fridays or work a moonlighting job. This is why the best TV shows tend to air Sunday through Thursday... to draw in people who intend to stay home.

Either way I applaud your effort. The aim to actually have at least 1 or 2 nights each week to promote in hopes of drawing as many players as possible.

Might I suggest adding a 2nd and/or 3rd night.
Sunday Night Fantasy Football.
OR
Monday Night Fantasy Football.

Try Friday too... at least a few people will be drawn to it and I may even join you to try to grow the concept. What general hours EASTERN TIME ZONE do you intend to gather?
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2014 - 07:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I could do a different night. As long as there is a night. Let's organize!

Jeffro
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying don't do Friday. I just think there is a better way.

Maybe there is some data to suggest which night FUMBBL gets the most action (of various types) in the American Time Zones.

Something between about 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific until about 6am Eastern/3am Pacific
Not that I expect many West Coast players at 3pm PST or many East Coast players between 3am and 6am EST. But if it were promoted well enough... and enough Americans and Canadians showed up to play... maybe we could entice enough of the guys across the Atlantic and cross the Pacific to try to jump in during those times on that day (or days).
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not on your time zones so I may be way off here.

I also agree that Friday may not be the best day.

I would have thought that the best time would be 10:00 or 11PM eastern.

Everyone go for that and activate both a young team and a mature team and you only need 4 coaches for a successful draw.

Edit: And somehow rig the draw so that Smallman never gets selected. Otherwise it's never gonna work.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Do this on Sunday also. I work Friday nights & D&D Saturday night. I will box like a maniac on Sunday night if you can join me!
koadah

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would have thought that 10:00 or 11PM eastern. Could work every night.

Sunday could have multiple times or simply say "on the hour" with one or two special ones.

But you still have the problem of people turning up then thinking "actually, I don't wanna play a CPOMBer today. I think I'll leave it."

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2014 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Everyone go for that and activate both a young team and a mature team and you only need 4 coaches for a successful draw.

But, but, but...

Razz
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BillBrasky wrote:
Do this on Sunday also. I work Friday nights & D&D Saturday night. I will box like a maniac on Sunday night if you can join me!

Now that the season is ending for Game of Thrones Sunday could work just as well as Friday. Should we start a Meta group to use as a PMing system?

Jeffro
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2014 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 10pm ET is good anyway, won't conflict with Game of Thrones at 9, no?