56 coaches online • Server time: 13:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Working or a handful of logos, still in the "layered" stages, and before I begin merging said layers down, what the official ruling from the moderators on the classic 8-spiked football which is synonymous with this game? It's probably IP of GW, but will images be approved if they contain such a football? Is there any work around? That same football is on the opening splash screen of the Fumbbl client, as well as the ball icon used in game; how does that work?

Thanks,
JF
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The one used in game was done by Qaz, you need his permission for that one. The one on the splash screen is a free image, modified with spikes on it. The actual GW spiked ball would be a no-go I believe.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:06 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I create an image, from scratch, similar to the football we're all familiar with, that get's the pass? I think I can manage that.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, just don't use the actual spiked football image from GW or Cyanide and you'll be fine. GW doesn't own all spiked footballs, but we avoid using their images.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

WhatBall wrote:
The one used in game was done by Qaz, you need his permission for that one. The one on the splash screen is a free image, modified with spikes on it. The actual GW spiked ball would be a no-go I believe.

this one?
WhatBall

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2015 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

That is Qaz's.