52 coaches online • Server time: 18:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I took his 1st ed stats and translated them. There was no block skill in 1st ed. Also in 2nd ed block meant something totally different (without block dice).

It was basically an extra point of strength on blocking, unless your opponent had the same level or higher block skill (in which case he got it).

For me, 2nd ed block translates better as ST than block itself.

I do question the skill of some of guys that did the 2nd ed to 3rd ed translations. And I don't think they should necessarily be considered gospel.
Roland

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I do question the skill of some of guys that did the 2nd ed to 3rd ed translations. And I don't think they should necessarily be considered gospel.

the ones from the compendiums/mags or those by Tom/Guus?
Garion

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah roland, that guy is a nobody in the Blood Bowl world. I would go with HM's it is closer, though I might give him Tackle as well I think. He deffo needs Bone Head or really stupid as he suffered from stupidity, also should have Catch, Av8 is probably right, as he was tougher than a normal fling and had 2 wounds. Tackle as he had a special rule about never missing a tackle.

I would go

5 3 3 8

Really Stupid, Sure Hands, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Tackle, Catch Loner

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:
yeah roland, that guy is a nobody in the Blood Bowl world. I would go with HM's it is closer, though I might give him Tackle as well I think. He deffo needs Bone Head or really stupid as he suffered from stupidity, also should have Catch, Av8 is probably right, as he was tougher than a normal fling and had 2 wounds. Tackle as he had a special rule about never missing a tackle.

I would go

5 3 3 8

Really Stupid, Sure Hands, Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Tackle, Catch Loner

Np Smile feel free to do any changes if you wish.
Or state them here and I'll do it.

I have no experience of 1st and 2nd edition blood bowl... Rolling Eyes

I'll add Arfie soon Very Happy
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2015 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe thick skull and AV7. Thick Skull goes with his look. Without trying to work it out is thick skull av7 stunty much more detrimental?

A lot of the lists just aren't translated at all. Guus's for example are way off. I think he's looked at the figures/pictures and decided to make interesting stats from them, rather than trying to translate the 2nd ed players. As a lot of them are boring or too wacky.
Roland

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I've started adding the Forgotten Star Players to a ruleset roster for anyone top use.

1. Search for "Forgotten Star Players" and add the roster to your ruleset (it's unplayable so nonone will be able to make a star team).
2. Go to each of your custom rosters and add them as stars as usual.

I'll be adding more stars soon.

Thx!

oh and thx to cowhead and others for the icons!

https://fumbbl.com/p/race?id=500

harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Very useful. Recently I finished a new Dieter.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jun 27, 2016 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah this is awesome Roland, makes the next stage in secret league so much easier Smile

thank you

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2016 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe I can add the rest of them easily if I would be added as manager of the roster.

EDIT: I already added all of them to our ruleset:
https://fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=432

Check Custom Star Players at the bottom. We splitted them based on apoth/undead. Maybe apoth can be used on a star if it is in the right star player roster.