74 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been mentioned a couple of times in various places, but with quite a few people now playing all linemen teams I thought it might be nice to make some badges for just them. If got a badge template ready to use, just need suggestions for what badges should be available.

Template:

edit: will show once approved, and will be resized smaller so they can be fitted into a bio easier. Perhaps a small medium and large version of each. I can easily knock together a notes page to list them once they're done.

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2015 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I play lots of lino teams. One problem is scoring, you usually try to keep the games tight. So 3 tds in a game could be one.

Fouling is generally high, as you trade players off the pitch. So a big number fouling badge could be another.

Completions again difficult, so more than 3 in a match wouldn't be common (bar the elves).
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

A badge for playing a race.

Collector badges (5 lino teams, 10 lino team, 15, 20, 25) As there are currently 25 teams (outside of stunty) the last would be very special.

Then you could have stunty div badges too. The more stunty is promoted the better.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would pitch for an intermediate difficulty badge such as:

'Kick them when they're down' Kill two players in one game, both by fouling.
The_Great_Gobbo

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Also one of the fun things with all lino teams are that the badges are so hard to achieve that they really mean something, so be careful in not making a set of badges which are the same as the other ones but just easier to achieve
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

on a related note, norse have a badge for smack tournaments. do smacks still exist?

Would be awesome to do a Friday night smack tournament with the Charioteers each weekend.

does the badge cover schedule smacks?

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 06:34 Reply with quote Back to top

How about a badge for a player that gets into the top 10 all-time for matches played (doesn't have to be a lineman either). Long-lived or some-such?

For all-rotters and undead, Necro - a badge for recruiting 3 players in a match? "recruitment drive"

Like all the ideas proposed so far as well Smile
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

akaRenton wrote:
Template:

These badges will often, or mostly, feature in bios with the same beige background as this template.

Is it perhaps an idea to pick a different background colour? Here on the forum they give off a look of being transparent. Or, maybe this is intentional?

Anyway, great that you're doing some work on more badges Smile

Putting the romantic in necromantic since 2010
ThierryM

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Achieving legendary status for a player in an all-lino team is worth a Badge !
And an all linos team with 2 or 3 active legends in its roster deserves another !!

A badge for never hiring any stars that's not of your "race" would be fun too ) Like no Ramtut playing for my full skels team ever !
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
And an all linos team with 2 or 3 active legends in its roster deserves another !!

+1
Rabe

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Something like "Not so ordinary" - with either X+ stat upgrades on the team at the same time or 3+ on one player (or even 4+). Or a team without any player that doesn't have a stat upgrade or double. Wink

Would be cool if one badge could be dedicated to infBOWL, that has only recently been given up officially.

How about "All mens LOS": "Start each drive with all your players on the LOS and still win."?

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
akaRenton wrote:
Template:

These badges will often, or mostly, feature in bios with the same beige background as this template.

Is it perhaps an idea to pick a different background colour? Here on the forum they give off a look of being transparent. Or, maybe this is intentional?

Anyway, great that you're doing some work on more badges Smile

Yeah it's deliberately opaque, so when the designs are added the award itself will stand out clearly rather than the badge design. At least that was the theory Very Happy

Once we've got a healthy list of suggestions will put it together and we can adjust them until they're right.

If any artistic type wants to step forward to do the individual award designs that's cool, but if not I'll have a crack at it. Once made I'll also upload them on the Image Library so there is a back up copy of them and the template in case more need to be made or for some reason there is an issue with any of them.

akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Rbthma wrote:
ThierryM wrote:

+1

I like those, especially as I could earn both immediately Very Happy

ThierryM

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Not.like.your.team.ain't.the.one.which.inspired.87.%+.of.the.ALT.(All.Linemen.Teams)!.Akarenton.
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2015 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

ThierryM wrote:
Not.like.your.team.ain't.the.one.which.inspired.87.%+.of.the.ALT.(All.Linemen.Teams)!.Akarenton.

Haha, nice to hear but mine was inspired by two great teams. Stoned City Slowwalkers and Bank Robbers who were around long long before the Cranberries. I seem to remember seeing an all rotter team who had some spectacular hand drawn profile pictures who also were partly to blame Very Happy

Jump to: