44 coaches online • Server time: 11:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I absolutely understand that this is something that is run voluntarily and really, trying to schedule it properly could end up turning a mountain from a molehill.

I mean I had no problem taking losses to get SPP early (okay, maybe I grumbled, a lot). But 350k inducements isn't going to help a mostly skill-less team for instance. Especially in the hands of someone who isn't quite sure what they're doing, or what inducements are really worth it.

That's the sort of situation that might just have someone walk away.

Not to disagree on there being no perfect solution. Because if there was, it'd be used.

bigbullies wrote:
nice gobbo player picks mate where did you find them ?

The wonders of photoshop and illustrator Smile

Last edited by ArrestedDevelopment on Oct 02, 2015 - 01:08; edited 1 time in total
xnoelx

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

That's a good point about the 145 Club. It certainly worked that way when I came through it a few years back. One solution would be for their Rookie League to be open round robin, but with resurrection format. So the teams stay at 1000 TV (or 1100, 1200, whatever). I'd probably not have any additional skills allowed, to keep things simple, but that's debatable.

The main problem is that I think that would require coding to be possible.

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

BB2 has brought a lot of new Fumbbl'ers as of late. Welcome all. Smile

Jeffro
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hello everyone.

I am pythrr, and I am a n00b

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Arreseted Development. Goblins in the Box my kinda guy make sure to join the Abandoned Races Race (ARR). https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=8767&op=view
And wellcome all!
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Stickied.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
hello everyone.

We don't take kindly to your sort.

You should play my ranked gobbos!

EDIT: In an effort to be friendly, I have readied the Bluefield Bunniesfor play!
They were my first ever team, and the team that allowed me to grow into the middling coach that I am today.
Any new guys looking for a game are welcome to a game against them - just flick me a PM.

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Gurbo

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Throweck wrote:
Welcome Gurbo! If you have any questions let us know and we can add them to the FAQ bit.

/edit - Damn it! Ninja'd again by bloody Rents *shakes fist*

Hmm... Up until now, the help section has covered pretty much everything. My only question right now is if I have to bother someone to check on the uploaded images or if they get added to a list to check or something.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

They will be approved in due time; normally quite fast actually

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
hello everyone.

He meant Knob. pythrr is a Knob

Jeffro
akaRenton

Post   Posted: Oct 02, 2015 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome all the others who've added overnight, apart from that noob pythrr ;D

Fumbbl Image Library - Free images to make logos, player bio pics etc
mdd31

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

At what point (if any) is it worth buying an Assistant Coach or Cheerleader? Or is it never really worth the increase in TV? Do people typically buy a 4th reroll or is that too much of an increase in TV as well? Am I better off buying inducements on a per game basis as needed?
Roland

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

mdd31 wrote:
At what point (if any) is it worth buying an Assistant Coach or Cheerleader? Or is it never really worth the increase in TV? Do people typically buy a 4th reroll or is that too much of an increase in TV as well? Am I better off buying inducements on a per game basis as needed?

That depends...

In MM environment I rarely buy them. Perhaps one of each if youhave quite high fan factor..

In league however, I buy and fire them all the time, because the inducement plans for the next game allows it.

For example, in my next game I'll be getting 170k inducements. I plan to buy a wizard, I can then buy a cheerleader and an assistant coach instead of letting the inducement money left (20k) burn.

EDIT: btw, you need to replace your forum avatar. No pictures from the computer game are allowed.
Stu-Stu

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey there everyone! Only just started but already having a good time Very Happy Joined the Northern Survivalists league to get some regular fun games, got a human team on an unbeaten streak of wins and my favourites, All Thrall United!

https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=815507
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2015 - 03:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mdd31 wrote:

1. Usually no. You can however take the tactic of buying both to win key rolls. Usually that would be 1, but could be up to a max of 4. This tactic of buying ACs and CLs can work with cheap and stunty teams. For instance a full lineman team.

2. Personally I think scrimping on RRs is over-rated. Players on FUMBBL have trained themselves to be extremely conservative with RR use. So playing with more is wasted because of the trim way they play. I think you could play in a way where you could make use of up to 6 RRs on some teams. Would I advise playing with 6 though, no certainly not in TV MM. However Vampires and Slann for example, often play with 4.

3. Most things in this game is a case by case basis, including inducements. If you mean using Petty Cash, then that's an art form in itself.

akarenton would it be a good idea to include Sann's youtube video in the welcome pm and forum topic? Lots of learners find visual information better for progression.
 Jump to: