70 coaches online • Server time: 22:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
neilwat

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2020 - 07:34
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Crashes are rare.

If you like NAF style games and want to support a good cause then have a look at this.

https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=13719&fbclid=IwAR3yynJHzrbKdybEJ5hSzmHYkWOfes1OQkOMcqdAh6nv8EBVK_vzQorTPqI
BitsHammer

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2020 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I freely admit I am new to Blood Bowl, though far less new to table top gaming and wargames.

Long story short GW has a mess with 40k right now and I decided to take a break and try some new things and have fallen in love with the game. I honestly can't believe I never looked at this game before.

The community as a whole has proven to be pretty awesome and I've seen more heart and soul in people's teams than I have in GW's more mainline games for some time, so I've been happier than a pig wallowing in mud since I've started diving into the game.

Now if I could just shake this niggling urge to play Stunty like a sane person I'd probably be all set!
emmamoore

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2020 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to introduce myself. I am a professional writer, editor, content creator at https://specialessays.com/best-questionnaire-writing-service/. I have worked with a variety of businesses on content strategy development and implementation. I love this job as it enhances all my skills.
Phontome

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2020 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all. I am new to BB online. I played alot several years ago. To many to admit to.

I have always loved how it plays. I hope to find some games.

Not sure if it is in Academy or Club145?

Elizabeth03

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2020 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Head over to this website to find out about most common pets students usually keep in their dorms. Hamsters or Guinea pigs? What pet would you pick for yourself?
Reznick59

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2020 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

HI there,
newcomer here but not to Bloodbowl which I played lot at least 12 years ago
Deathwalk28

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2020 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Recently returned player. Signed up recently to the 145 club. Been playing pretty much since the 2016 game hit.
C0ddlefish

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2020 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Reznick59 wrote:
HI there,
newcomer here but not to Bloodbowl which I played lot at least 12 years ago

Link to the 145 club as mentioned below

https://fumbbl.com/p/group&group=3180&op=view

Good for Blood Bowl newbies, and those who know the game but want to get used to it specifically on Fumbbl.
Remix2912

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

New player here, can someone tell me otherwise, but it seems the system chooses a team it wants to win when a game starts?? I have been on the receiving end of both sides of the system. When a game starts you can normally tell by about turn 3 which way it's going to go.
jdm

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Games can be decided early on by several casualties or a sack and steal but the "system" is completely random.

Player skill take a advantage of positioning, mistakes and favourable dice. There's no bias.

Welcome BTW. Can I suggest the link posted above your comment as a really great place to learn.

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ME NOOB

Me Pythrr

Whst this new rule thing?

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2020 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nuffle decides which way the game will go... on tabletop with physical dice or on FUMBBL. But remember, Nuffle will give the nod to the more skilled coach... so it's certainly worth attempting to fool Nuffle by demonstrating your most favorable positioning and making no mistakes!

(The random number generator (RNG) on FUMBBL is like any other RNG... sometimes you'll get favorable dice... sometimes your opponent does. Sometimes you both do, and most amusing of all... sometimes you both don't! But that'll happen on tabletop and on the computer. Still my favorite overheard quote was a coach during a tabletop tournament with physical dice complaining that his dice rolls were 'statistically impossible' because he'd rolled several failures. Something that wasn't even below 1% probability. Around here, we have badges for things like rolling six skulls on a single block (1:46656 - not counting difficulties of getting three block dice and using a reroll!)

If you've been getting to experience both sides of Nuffle's whims, I'd say you're pretty lucky. There are folks who like discussing how Nuffle has been punishing them. Smile

And, yeah... I'd double down on jdm's suggested link... and not just to learn Blood Bowl, but to learn your way around FUMBBL. There's a few quirks (but some of those quirks are really friendly!) and it isn't always obvious how to join in all the fun. 145 Club is a great way to learn your way around.

Oh... and don't forget to check out the Thousand Losses Playbook -- Think of it as the mystic tome, useful in getting Nuffle take your side.
DD

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2020 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys: I stopped playing on Fumbbl (or actually: at all) around 10 years ago. Now I'd like to recheck all this. What thread should I read on what to download etc? Thanks!
Vompo

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2020 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all.

I played a bit of fumbbl and the board game ages ago but had forgotten most of it by now. It is slowly getting back to me now that I've got a few games under my belt again.

Am I right in assuming the blackbox and the leagues are the main thing now? I don't see that many ranked matches being played. How are the overall player numbers compared to 10-15 years ago (which was probably the golden age of fumbbl?)?
pantera_delnorte

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2020 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What's up y'all. Got referred to this by Reddit. This is my first go round, I've played a little bit of BB2 on PS4 (just beat the Gouged Eye). I'm mostly going to be lurking and building my team based on matches I see. Shout out the homie Amsfeld from Reddit!

Jump to: